Enerzone 2.9

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northwinds

Minister of Fire
Jul 9, 2006
south central WI
I was talking with a local chimney sweep/stove installer for an area dealer, and asked him what his recommendations were for the house that we're going to be building. He likes the Hearthstone Mansfield, but he also mentioned Enerzone stoves as less expensive, simple to operate and work on, and relatively trouble-free in terms of numbers of service calls. He thought that the "Solution 2.9" would meet our needs and said that the company was planning on coming out with an even bigger stove in the near future.

I only see one reference to Enerzone in the archives. This stove appears to be manufactured by a Quebec, Canada company called Stove Builder International. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of this stove or the company. The stoves come with a limited lifetime warranty, which is only as good as the future financial solvency of the company and the limitations, I suppose. Good and bad opinions welcomed.

http://www.enerzone-intl.com/product.aspx?CategoId=1&Id=417

As an aside, the sweep/installer told me that he is a pellet burner. He says he doesn't feel like messing around with firewood when he gets home at night.

I looked at the linked site and saw one glaring note. They claim a max rating of 85.000 Btu's, but on the technical specs list the EPA rating at 52,000 Btu's. I am sure one of the more technically inclined members will explain cu.ft. of burn box and real usable output.

To get you the best help, give us the particulars of your house, and location. There may be many options. You are right the back up from the manufacturer is primary, but the local dealer support is very important, also.

BTW, I'm with the sweep, pellets are easier. Besides I come from a desert with little wood and no hardwood. Makes pinion and cedar the best to burn, unless you buy from the urban foresters.

The Enerzone is a steel stove and a very different animal than the Hearthstone. Looks like a competitor to other Canadian stoves like Pacific Energy & Napoleon. They should also be looked into if you are considering a steel stove instead of a soapstone stove. Perhaps add Quadrafire, Lopi, Country and Englander to your research.

I understand that steel stoves are very different from soapstone stoves. I was mainly just curious about the company/stove, based upon this installer's high grades. He wasn't a salesperson and had little to gain by giving his opinion.

I'm still leaning towards a soapstone stove for the main living floor (2000 square feet). Since I'm considering a second stove for the lower floor, and I'd like to buy both stoves from the same dealer/installer (these folks are Hearthstone dealers also), the Enerzone would most likely be a candidate for the lower level/walkout basement. And I probably wouldn't need the 2.9 for that location. A smaller steel model would do for bringing quick heat to the family room and adjoining guest room/bath, which will be the only finished off areas for that level.

See, part of the problem with being at least a year removed from building the house and installing the stove(s) is that I keep changing my mind about what I want. There's too many good choices.

I have a enerzone 2.3 insert. Installed August of 06. Unit worked great. We heated are 1500 square foot house with it. Enerzone preformed great. Only problem is size of firebox. I would have bought 2.9 but they don't make that in an insert. Stove Builder International owns OSburn, Drolet, Enerzone, PSG, (caddy first epa certifed wood furnace). I don't think you will have any warrenty issuses.

Thanks for the input, river rat.

I assume that's the Wisconsin River? I'm just downriver from you. Welcome to the board. It's nice to have more Badgers here. We seem to be growing in numbers.

I would like to hear if the Solution 2.9 turned out to be a good stove...SBI is a good manufacturer - I own one of their Pellet stove...

Status
Not open for further replies.