england 25-pdv 55-shp22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper installation requires that there be at least three feet between the OAK termination and the exhaust termination.

The OAK is a powered air intake.

Burning using exhaust gases as combustion air is a very good way to make a mess out of a burn.

Those high flames are but one sign of a fouled combustion air path, either input bad air or because of crud (ash) in the exhaust pathway or the air intake pathway.

Jackfire,

If you go to https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/englander-25-pvdc-tuning.121069/#post-1621353 you will find a post from Cladmaster giving the procedure for both doing a factory reset and finding and setting the burn mode of a large number of England Stove Works stoves.

It is posted in many threads on this forum.

I highly recommend the use of England Stove Works web site as there is a lot of information posted there. You know I am not a fan of playing with controller settings other than to verify what is set and to place a stove into default mode, like Harvey I have a deep aversion to only one level of protection. In this case that one level is a single sensor that can and has been faked out by that highly insulating product of burning wood, my not so good freind ash.

all noted Smokey my Bear Friend , I just bought the stove in question to put in the rental we own to save on their heating bills i dont know if the previous owner had played with the controller or not i just wanted the nohow to bring it back online.

It would be a very cold day in the devils domain, before I'd consider putting any wood burning device in a rental.

I know i diidnt want to and i asure u its all to code and insured not only that but my son and stepson live there.

... 45 out of stove, two foot thru wall to a t, then up one ft to a 90 bend, then to the cap, probably 4 foot total with elbows and connectors.
Hi JB,
this group here can certainly get your burn problem resolved. Just be patient and methodical.
Englanders are very adjustable, so much that the DYI'er can sometimes take em outta range.

I do have a question on your vent setup. If you only have a 1' rise outside the house, why not just go straight and forego the T and 90?
The T and 90 combination probably give you more resistance than the benefit of the 1' riser.

..., also adding a 2 ft piece to the horizontal pipe outside

Continuing the vent discussion, I assume you meant to say you added a 2' vertical section to the existing 1' riser??

From your picture it looks like your flame is getting too much air! I would change the burn pot gasket and the hopper lid gasket. I thought my stove was working great, I changed the hopper gasket just because I had one and immediately noticed a huge difference! The flame is smaller but more intense, the stove burns hotter, I go through less pellets, and a lot more ash gets blown out of the burnpot! I have done a lot of adjustments to my stove, the two that made the biggest impact was switching to C mode and sealing that hopper lid! Running on heat setting 2-3 the stove used to burn almost 2 bags per day, now it burns a little over a bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.