england stove no heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcgoat

Jan 28, 2007
i am posting for a handicap friend ,who has a 25-pdv stove ,this stove blows cold air ,it is in a 10 by 40 foot trailer ,it is only slightly warm to touch ,you can sit necked on this thing ,have tried adjusting the control every which way ,no heat ,it stays around 50 degrees in trailer, please help

kcgoat said:
i am posting for a handicap friend ,who has a 25-pdv stove ,this stove blows cold air ,it is in a 10 by 40 foot trailer ,it is only slightly warm to touch ,you can sit necked on this thing ,have tried adjusting the control every which way ,no heat ,it stays around 50 degrees in trailer, please help
How old is it?
How big is the fire in the unit?

In the morning call England's Stove Works customer service at 1-800-245-6489. Ask for Scott or Mike.

Tell them that you can't get warm sitting "necked" on your stove.

I'm waiting for someone else to ask for pictures in this thread...

chimney hight?
chimney diameter?
outside air kit?
wood source (quality/dryness/)
start up procedure?
can you get a established coal bed?

GVA said:
kcgoat said:
How old is it?
How big is the fire in the unit?
do not know age i think before 2001 ,,flame looks like maybe 6 inches or higher

we need a bit more info ......
If it is not a new unit and you have a decent flame inside with no heat output it sounds like it needs a good cleaning.
The heat exchangers could be plugged with flyash and if the flame is lazy (that's orange colored and about as active as a candle)
chances are you have a problem with the air intake or discharge, or again the stove is dirty..
Give us the feed rates etc. Knob posistions etc. I'm not familiar with englander but they are here on this site and can help you more than me. Also answer the questions from MSG, I'm sure Mike will be here by the end of tonight (just a hunch) ;-) and he'll be able to narrow it down more than us. But the more info the better..... :)

kcgoat said:

ok, need to find out some particulars about the unit and the install, if the unit is not getting even hot to the touch then somthing is amiss. would be best if you could give me a call (preferrably if you can be at the stove) at 800-245-6489 , ask for mike. 25-pdv should not have any trouble heating that size area, so somthing isnt normal , if you can call me while you are at the unit i can direct you from there to correct whatever is causing this. seriously , give me a call i can figure this out.

stoveguy2esw said:
kcgoat said:

ok, need to find out some particulars about the unit and the install, if the unit is not getting even hot to the touch then somthing is amiss. would be best if you could give me a call (preferrably if you can be at the stove) at 800-245-6489 , ask for mike. 25-pdv should not have any trouble heating that size area, so somthing isnt normal , if you can call me while you are at the unit i can direct you from there to correct whatever is causing this. seriously , give me a call i can figure this out.
the stove is now working ,i had pushed ,the preset buttons ,which he kept saying were not to be touched ,because he said they were factory preset , but after pushing them and setting at 9 and 5 it works flame is up heat is working ,will call tomorrow to verify what i did when i am in front of stove,,,,,, thank you

kcgoat said:
stoveguy2esw said:
kcgoat said:

the stove is now working ,i had pushed ,the preset buttons ,which he kept saying were not to be touched ,because he said they were factory preset , but after pushing them and setting at 9 and 5 it works flame is up heat is working ,will call tomorrow to verify what i did when i am in front of stove,,,,,, thank you

can you "pm me" a phone number so i can call you?i just thought of somthing. is your friend the origional owner?

Mike.... your awesome...... Not many would do what you are doing........ Well besides Harryback...... We need more people like you guy's........
Oh and my hunch was right ............

ok GVA , im officially blushing, actually if the present owner bought it used, it may have been previously hooked to a thermostat. if so, when removed the stat wires were probably removed or just cut , leaving an open circuit on the thermostat hookup, the unit will then run on "low" no matter how high the heat range is turned up. if our customer reads this, check on the back of the circuit board , in the lower right hand corner of the board there is a black "cube" ,. this is the t-stat hookup. if there are wires there, twist them together, its a "millivolt" circuit , so it wont shock you. i could go into more details about this but it would get long winded, im hoping our "poster" will pm me and i can explain this in more detail.

thanks GVA, that kind of recognition from one's peers is priceless

:snake: Lets see now, isn't thiis a perfect time for youtube.com ??? Be bold lets see nekkid sittin on the stove. This could be your 30 seconds...................................................I have visions of horror beyond the infamous guy with the reflection on the ebay coffee pot..... THE HORROR

Status
Not open for further replies.