England Stove Works Model # 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony72

Oct 27, 2016
NY
Hi everyone,

I have owned this stove for almost 8 years & it has been running great & still does except one issue i can not diagnose. Starting last year the double walled Duravent exhaust pipe started to seem hotter then normal. I took the entire stove apart and checked & cleaned & replaced maintenance items but still felt hot where as before unless i am losing my mind it was always just very warm not hot.

I then got in touch with Duravent and they sent me a new install kit like the one i purchased when i got the stove at Lowes. I replaced the exhaust and i still have the issue where i can no longer hold my hand on the exhaust six inches to a foot away from the back like i used to be able to.

The stove is running great and also took it all apart again last week and cleaned everything but same issue.

Am i losing my mind? Are you able to hold your hand on the pipe six inches away from the exhaust exit on the back of the stove?

I the same type of stoves ,and I cannot put my hand on the exhaust pipe that close to the exhaust blower . These stoves are set up so the room blower turns on when the probe wire connected to the exhaust ,senses a specified temp. Is it possible that you are running the room blower to high ,where it dose not have time to pick or exchange the to the room causing the pipe to get hotter . Try running the room blower at one number above the neat range .Let me know if that helps .

I've never tried to do touch it, but getting toys from back behind the stove that my kids throw around the house has made me cautious back there.

Thanks for the replys guys. I was not sure if i was going nuts and i guess i am. I have tried the room blower at all levels & it seems to stay about the same temp in the exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.