England Stove Works=Top Notch Customer Service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
So my close friend liked my Englander 30 so much he bought one and has been using it to heat his home for the last year.

Long story short!

Last night he had a problem with the stove! Ultimately We figured out it was operator error. :roll:

But I just wanted to tell you fine folks how Fantastic England Stove Works customer service was.

I called ESW and within minutes was talking with the welding supervisor "Steve" & he helped me trouble shoot the issues over the phone and was A+ fellow to deal with and was super polite to boot.

Great Company and dollar for dollar an Excellent Product.

Thank you, Hiram :)

PS: You guys in Virginia Drive Safely this weekend with all that Snow your going to get

Great Company and dollar for dollar an Excellent Product.[/quote]

I agree!

Called them wednesday part at my house Friday SUPER Customer service always.

I'll second that!

I expect my 30 to last a good long time, but, I have a feeling I'm going to be an ESW customer for life.

-SF

SlyFerret said:
I'll second that!

I expect my 30 to last a good long time, but, I have a feeling I'm going to be an ESW customer for life.

-SF

When I was down at ESW I told Bob Dillard, the fellow that designed the 30, that it was a sobering thought that I had just bought my last wood stove. Now I am shopping for my last car. Damn! This getting depressing. :shut:

Hiram Maxim said:
I called ESW and within minutes was talking with the welding supervisor "Steve" & he helped me trouble shoot the issues over the phone and was A+ fellow to deal with and was super polite to boot.

I am curious what issue required the welding supervisor?

my baffle warped on my esw furnace a year after i bought it ,a intelligent amercian person who spoke english answered the phone listened to my concerns and 2 days later the brown ups truck pulls in my driveway and hands me a brand spankin new one.top notch indeed

lexybird said:
my baffle warped on my esw furnace a year after i bought it ,a intelligent amercian person who spoke english answered the phone listened to my concerns and 2 days later the brown ups truck pulls in my driveway and hands me a brand spankin new one.top notch indeed

Yeah that was a major factor, besides Englander stoves have been a wood burning staple here in Virginia for 30 years, that influenced my decision to buy the 30. No dealer between me and the manufacturer.

Hell, I tried to buy the darn 30 from my favorite stove shop that I have done business with for 25 years and that sold ESW stoves for most of that time but they didn't want to sell me one because big box stores sell them now. OK, I still buy pipe from them.

I just saw a 30 the other day that was 10 years old. Hlaf the burner tubes were connected only one end, and the baffle was destroyed and half ass repaired. I dont think its the fualt of the stove at all. I think its the fualt of the guy who throws his wood in the firebox carelessly.

I've got a 30 sitting on a cart in my kitchen for almost two weeks. We are waiting for the hearth to come in from the granite company. Im getting impatient.. and cold.

nojo said:
I just saw a 30 the other day that was 10 years old.

Interesting since their first EPA non-cat the 13-NC came out in 2003 and the 30 followed a year or two later. :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
nojo said:
I just saw a 30 the other day that was 10 years old.

Interesting since their first EPA non-cat the 13-NC came out in 2003 and the 30 followed a year or two later. :coolsmirk:

Then he lied! Or I just thought he said 10 years old. In anycase he has beat that stove and with new burner tubes and baffle im sure it would be great.

BrotherBart said:
Hiram Maxim said:

BB,

My buddies air control was a two speed.....no variable from all the way out until it was all the way in (primary closed off)

Also there was significant drag and resistance while moving the damper rod in and out.( Issue resolved by Steve noting the rod might be bent and confirmed with my buddy)

The other night my buddy loaded two large cherry splits he had received from my stash and pegged the stove top thermometer.

He thought the stove was out of control and it was the fault of the damper plate. (Issue was resolved by asking several question of him & of Steve@ ESW)

Needless to say he is use to his 6 month old semi seasoned (never gets sun and much wind) White Ash. He used my Cherry that is almost 2 years seasoned.

There was to much ash in the fire box so the wood was taller than the firebricks :shut: (see. lazy and to cheap to run the furnace while cleaning the overloaded firebox)

So on top of that he let the stove get way hotter than normal and shut off the primary and the stove did what its best at....throwing off secondary flame & heat.

I tried some of his wood and its pretty much garbage....IMHO. It is my belief that with his wood, the air control is not as sensitive from open until it is closed. His wood is so crappy that he cannot even shut the primary off all the way without the stove dropping below secondary operating temperature.

I love the guy to death but I wish he would take the time to research and learn from this forum.......

Hope that makes things a little more understandable?

Cheers,Hiram :cheese:

BrotherBart said:
Hiram Maxim said:

steve works for me in my CS shop in the winter, he does supervise one of the welding lines during the "building" seasons and helps my staff in his "off season" sharp guy and im very happy to have him.

I'm glad you all have gotten good customer service from. I emailed them with a problem and never got a response and during the time I was having the problem, I could never reach them by phone. I'm still disappointed I never got a response back through email. Its been about 2 months now. So I grade them with an F

Status
Not open for further replies.