Englander 10-CPM w/ skytech issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

champscorner

Sep 7, 2009
Midwest Ohio
Ok guys/gals, installed my 10-CPM this past fall and have had absolutely 0 problems until the last 3 weeks or so. I'm having a problem that I couldn't seem to find any threads on in the forum. So here goes it, i have the englander hooked up to a skytech wirless thermostat that is programmed to run at 70 while I'm home then drop to 65 at night then ramp back to 70 slowly during the day. This has been working great for about 3mons now with no issues, but about 3 weeks ago I noticed that while the t-stat is set at 70 the actual temp may fall to like 66 or 67 and seems to stay that way for way to long before the flame builds back up then eventually gets the temp back to 70. Then it will drop back again. Basically the temp isn't staying consistent. It seems like the reaction time between the t-stat and the stove is off. Is this possible or could it be some other issue? Just to fill you guys in: 10 CPM, running on Skytech wirless(in hi/low mode), settings at 1-3-1, just started 4th ton, clean regularly, I have not changed anything and problem just started about 3weeks ago. Also t-stat is only set for a 1degree swing and temp here in Ohio has been averaging in the teens and low 20's for sometime now with no prior issues. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

first thing i would check is the batteries for the handset and reciever, weak batteries will make that set do unusual things, if no luck call me at the shop and you mighht also put a call in to skytech , they are usually quite good at customer service as well. should you call them first and get a solution i would love to know what it was so post in that case or drop me an e mail or PM would really appreciate it could help my customers in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.