Englander 13 NC users, door hinge pin question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
We have noticed the upper pin of the door keeps moving up incrementally. We have too keep tapping it down. What's the deal? What could be causing this and has anyone had this problem. Maybe the Englander guy on the forum has some answers as well as all you guys and girls that have this model. Thanks, Gamma Ray husband.

Don't ya just hate that. Get some graphite powder (used for locks) and try lubricating the hinge pin with this. Then pop it back in place and see if that helps.

Thanks BB and BG for your quick response, will do, this was the only time the husband wanted to post......Thank You.............Michelle, aka...GAMMA RAY

By the way BB, when is your flight???? Husband got his response and done with the forum.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Yes one of mine popped out.

Get thee behind me Satan. And don't push.

My old Sierra used to do it too.

My Magnolia did the same thing only it was the bottom pin. I think it is an alignment issue that causes one pin or the other to work out every time the door is opened. Also does your door make spooky noises when it opens. My Elm has stainless pins that are silky smooth and quiet even when stove is hot. I like that. Maybe just trying stainless over steel pins would help.

If all these people are having issues with the pins wouldn't you think the manufacturers would fix this issue....
....Michelle

I'm not sure what the fix would be. This has been an issue on the 1/2 doz different brand stoves I have operated over the years.

My best advice is treat it like the washer fluid in your car. The more you use it, the more you have to tend to it.

In the summer, my hinge pin stays just fine :)

In the winter, I tap it down every time I clean ashes out out of habit.

I've tried graphite and that does seem to slow it down, but it my lower one still works up. The top one has never budged.

This really is a product of needing a tight fitting door. If the pins were loose, this wouldn't ever be an issue.

pen

Jimbob said:
BrotherBart said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Yes one of mine popped out.

Get thee behind me Satan. And don't push.
:lol:
What does that mean? That is the second time I've seen you post that!
Funny though.
:lol:

It means I wanna say something but know better.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
busted!! :lol:

That is downright Freudian Kathleen. Or a parapraxis as it were. ;-)

I ain't no english teacher, so you won't get extra credit for the $10 words. At this point you probably need to sit in the corner for awhile. Hands on the desk.

I just tried my hammer my top pin back down, wouldn't budge. I'll fool with it another day.

My bottom keeps popping up but as I open the door periodically, I just put a little upwardly pressure on the door and it slides back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.