Englander 13 nch in stone fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottL

Aug 31, 2008
Eastern Ct
I am thinking of installing a 13 nch into a stone fireplace the opening of the firplace is only 29" high so I would have to set the stove into the opening of the firebox almost all the way so that i can run a 6" steel chimney down the inside of the chimney to connect to the exhaust flue of the stove. The entire firebox is made of stone and brick as well as the hearth. Would this be an acceptable and safe installation? I dont really have the money to spend another 500 dollars on the 13nci for what looks to be the identical stove. Also once i run the 6" steel liner up the chimney should i use fire proof board or fireproof insulation to close of the rest of the throat of the chimney around the 6 chimney?

Thank You
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.