Englander 2200 pellet stove vacuum loss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jared33

Dec 23, 2018
Virginia
I am on my second englander pellet stove in two weeks. The first was constantly shutting down on vacuum loss, and after calling their customer service and never getting hold of anybody, we returned it to lowes and got a new one. After hooking this one up we get the same error message. Has anyone experienced this amount of frustration with this error code on this stove? I am at a loss with what to do at this point, as I have tried every single thing I can think of...thanks in advance.

Stove is in corner w 45 degree angle piece attached to about 18 inches of pipe leads through a thimble outside to a t pipe. T pipe goes straight up into about 40 inches of vertical piping. Also have outside air kit attached and installed per instruction manual.

Stove is in corner w 45 degree angle piece attached to about 18 inches of pipe leads through a thimble outside to a t pipe. T pipe goes straight up into about 40 inches of vertical piping. Also have outside air kit attached and installed per instruction manual.

Trying to figure out how to attach pics

I would check that there is no blockage in your flue and OAK.Sometimes people install them without looking inside,and there is stuff stuck inside.

Checked all that already. Brand new stove. Took vacuum line off and blew through it with no blockages. Flue is clean as well. Two stoves in a row now and can't get ahold of anyone at customer service.

So I tried that and got the same failed on vacuum loss shutting down message. Have pics but it won't let me post them here...

Don't worry about the pictures,your explanation is good.What model is your stove,a 25pdv perhaps?They use the 2200 sq foot designation for several.Anyway,very strange 2 units doing the same thing.Your stove should have 2 augers,2 vacuum switches,and the one hooked to the exhaust fan housing is the one that can give you an E1 code,if my memory is correct.Perhaps the hose was put on the wrong port on the vacuum switch,perhaps the switch is bad.You could run a bypass on that switch and see if stove stays running.

As you face the back of the stove there are 2 vac Switches, one goes to the exhaust blower housing. The other goes to a nipple on the back of the fire box make sure they are both clear and connected. There is also a hopper lid switch, it will not run if the lid is open. Check that switch to ensure it is adjusted properly.(you can jump this switch for testing) it will also give the no vac error.

As you face the back of the stove there are 2 vac Switches, one goes to the exhaust blower housing. The other goes to a nipple on the back of the fire box make sure they are both clear and connected. There is also a hopper lid switch, it will not run if the lid is open. Check that switch to ensure it is adjusted properly.(you can jump this switch for testing) it will also give the no vac error.

I have checked the diagnostics and according to the tests along with me checking that switch I can't see anything wrong. I tried switching the ports of the vacuum hose on both units and no change on either. Did the dollar bill test on the door and there was only one spot where it was actually hard to pull the dollar bill out, whereas it was much easier on other spots. Is it common for these gaskets to be crap right out of the box? Still have yet to hear from customer support as they were supposed to call back today with their technician but they never did. Thanks for the suggestions guys anything else you can think of let me know!