1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Englander 25 EPI

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by N.E S4, Feb 12, 2013.

1. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

AM FM Energy has these reman for 1349.00 I really wanted the Harman P35i, but this is a great price.

If you have a 25 EPI please let me know what your like and dislike about the unit. My main concern is about the fan noise.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. sandman20

sandman20 New Member

Likes.......puts out a lot of heat. (Now that its running)

Dislikes......Blower is very noisy at setting 7 and above. Also, QC on these units appears to be pretty dodgy. My new stove had auger jam after auger jam. Wouldn't run for more than 2-4 hours. I removed the motor and auger and found weld spatters inside the auger tube and the end of the auger flight all mashed up from hitting the weld. I ground and filed the auger just to get it working. Would I purchase an Englander for full price after this experience again............absolutely not. For the price above probably. That's pretty cheap and most likely, they got all the bugs out of it in the remanufacture process.
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

The really nice thing about the refurbs from AMFM is pretty much like sandman said....any "issues" will have been fixed by Mike H. & his Tech crew. They also test run the stove before it gets ready for shipping.