Englander 25-PDV Thermostat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris04626

Minister of Fire
Who has one? Do you use a thermostat with it or not?

JJust wondering how you like it wit ha thermostat? think it saves you pellets

Whats a good one to use would like it to lower the heat at night then warm it back up nice before we wake up

Also how easy are they to install and how far away from the stove did you put it

I have an Englander, but not a 25-PDV. However, I will recommend that you use one, and they are pretty easy to install. ANY standard milli-volt stat will work...the stove is just looking for an closed circuit, and that's all a stat is....a heat sensing switch.

I installed mine about 15' away, out of the direct line of the heat from the stove.

IMO, get a programmable one....either 5 + 2, or a full 7 day unit. It is SO nice to have the house warm already when you come home from work, or especially in the morning when you get up!

Oh, and if you want to spend around $100, you can get a wireless remote stat (SkyTech).

I have this unit for my stove (Lux PSP511):

Attachments

• LUX psp511l.gif
    LUX psp511l.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 222
Drilled a 1/4" hole through the floor behind the stove, went to Home Depot and got thermostat wire, fed it down the hole into the basement, wire-stapled it along the floor joists. took some measurements and determined where the wall was that I wanted to mount the stat on, and drilled another 1/4" hole.

Cut a small hole (1" sq.) in the sheetrock right where I planned to mount the stat, put a loop in the end of the wire and fed the wire up from the basement until I could snag it with a coat hanger. Whole process took me about an hour, not including the trip to HD.

Looking back, I might have gone the remote stat route....that way I could try the remote handset in different locations to get the best performance from the stove, and no running wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.