Englander 25 pdv top auger cutting in and out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe my reading was off.... with the cold snap were in, the stove has been running on 8-9 for 2 days straight.. hasn't skipped a beat.. "knock on wood" i also noticed its was only a few of the bags with smaller pellets..

I notice the thermo is bolted to the heat exchange area and not to the actual firebox. So the space where the fan blows thru needs to heat up significantly to raise the temp of the thermocouple.. so my guess as to why your reading is lower is because you have the larger convection in yours keeping the exchanger cooler..?. Just a theory

I said it lol I'm using Green Team pellets they sell them here in mass there made in Pennsylvania hardwoods

I picked up a bag of these today. Well honestly i am in no way impressed at all. Side by side comparison they look identical to the worst pellet i have burned. But with said, my stove has dropped 50 degrees in the last 30 minutes from adding these to an empty hopper. They are deff not worth the 7 bucks they charge for them. Glad they work for you but i wont buy em...

Really? im surprised.. im in love with them. Read the reviews too I'm not the only one who thinks they are a good pellet..

http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/greene-team-wood-pellets.html

Im not saying they are garbage. Im not burning enough of them to give any review.. just not good in my stove considering, Just about an hour and leveled out just about 75 degrees cooler than orford softies. And the softies are $1.40 ish cheaper a bag.

I was expecting a raging inferno after what you described :)

Status
Not open for further replies.