Englander 25 PDVC Burning like its on 9

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my post above (I was tired when I typed it out, long night at work, did a 12 hour shift)....... Please read.

Good luck.
I feel like I am watching an episode of Seinfield in this thread:)

Reactions: CTguy9230
By saying "room air temp buttons", Cladmaster meant the Heat Range buttons. This is what his post should have said:

"Unplug power lead - wait 5 seconds

Plug power lead back in and press both the "Heat Range" buttons at the same time within 4 - 5 seconds.....you should now see a letter (A, b, c or d) in the left digital display. You need to change this to "d" using the up / down buttons below that readout. Once it's set to 'd' wait 10 - 15 seconds then unplug the power again and wait 5 seconds.

Plug power back in, then set the lower three (3) buttons to read 6 4 1 from left to right."

no, no, NO ! its the blower speed buttons, not the heat range.

for what its worth our OP contacted my service department and was walked through a reset, he was nice enough to PM me to let me know
Actually ..... she........Thank you everyone for all your great help. (especially Mike) We called Englander Tech Support ( truly superior customer service) and they walked us thru a control panel reset. Happy to say the stove is burning correctly now !

Congrats! Now, all we need is to see some pics of it burning. We love pics, and as we all know, no pic = it really didn't happen! LOL

Nice work Mike and the Tech crew.

Reviving a some what old thread I know I'm sorry... I feel like there needs to be a sticky dealing with the 3 bottom button on a 25-PDVC. Seems like I have read posts from both sides of the argument, some say it is ok to make settings changes, and some say settings should never be changed. If settings are changed has the stove been messed up and need to be properly reset instead of simply placing back to the 6-4-1 configuration?

With that being said I have a stove manufactured in 2009 and never changed the bottom 3 buttons. My house is 1,000 sq ft and with the stove set at 1-1 it keeps it very toasty (70-75). Here in Eastern PA on days where temps are between 35-40 it would be great to be able to set the stove even lower and it sounds like have some achieved this by making settings changes to the bottom buttons. Is this a possiblity or is that a terrible idea and a dark alley I shouldn't venture down?

Thanks

.....If settings are changed has the stove been messed up and need to be properly reset instead of simply placing back to the 6-4-1 configuration?

With that being said I have a stove manufactured in 2009 and never changed the bottom 3 buttons. My house is 1,000 sq ft and with the stove set at 1-1 it keeps it very toasty (70-75). Here in Eastern PA on days where temps are between 35-40 it would be great to be able to set the stove even lower and it sounds like have some achieved this by making settings changes to the bottom buttons. Is this a possiblity or is that a terrible idea and a dark alley I shouldn't venture down?

Thanks

That is a very small house, so I understand why the stove keeps it so warm on 1-1. If the fire seems to be burning well, I'd try lowering the LFF to 5. Remember, less fuel, less heat.

If that helps, but still too warm, try LFF of 4. Keep the LBA at 4 for now, and don't change it unless the pellets start getting burned-up in the burn pot too fast (none or very little coals). If that happens, then lower LBA to 3, etc.

Don't feel afraid to try changes, but do it a little at a time........they can always be put back where they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.