Englander 25-PDVC fills pot and doesn't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected].

Jan 27, 2014
Hi fire experts!

I recently replaced the top and bottom auger motors and completed my yearly cleaning. I just tried to fire the stove up several times. Each time the burn pot will fill, but no fire. Once I got an E-2 code but the other four times no code appeared but the S _ U disappeared as it does when there is a fire burning. I'm going to fiddle with the position of the ignitor next but it hasn't been touched in awhile.

I've had occasional issues with my stove firing in the past so I tend to use fire starter frequently. I've never had the issue where the stove doesn't give me an E2 code, which is why I'm posting here instead of ignoring the issue and just using fuel starter :)

My stove is 6 years young.

Thanks all!

Liz

Hi fire experts!

I recently replaced the top and bottom auger motors and completed my yearly cleaning. I just tried to fire the stove up several times. Each time the burn pot will fill, but no fire. Once I got an E-2 code but the other four times no code appeared but the S _ U disappeared as it does when there is a fire burning. I'm going to fiddle with the position of the ignitor next but it hasn't been touched in awhile.

I've had occasional issues with my stove firing in the past so I tend to use fire starter frequently. I've never had the issue where the stove doesn't give me an E2 code, which is why I'm posting here instead of ignoring the issue and just using fuel starter :)

My stove is 6 years young.

Thanks all!

Liz
Ok so played with ignitor and it still doesn't light and no code pops up....it just keeps running!

Mike from Englander would be the best to respond to this. He should find this post soon.

ok,

pull the igniter and check for ash buildup in the front of the tube , clean as necessary, then reinstall leaving the rod centered on the hole and back enough to create roughly 1/8 inch of air space between the tip of the rod and the back side of the hole.

also, while out , look for a metal cap at about "10 oclock" on the igniter area of the casting just forward of the setbolt , remove the cap and run about a 5 inch piece of coat hanger rod through to the main intake passing through the igniter sleeve from 10 oclock to 4 oclock, thhis will ensure the intake of the igniter is not being starved of intake air

Ok so played with ignitor and it still doesn't light and no code pops up....it just keeps running!

the igniter is heating up each time you attempt a start, after doing so a couple times the heat from the igniter is actually warming the heat sensor of the stove enough to "trick" it into seeing "proof of fire" usually you have to run like 2 or 3 consecutive starts to get this much heat buildup from the igniter

Status
Not open for further replies.