1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Englander 25-PDVC Igniter?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by N.E S4, Dec 9, 2012.

1. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

I've bought this stove used 2 weeks ago. The igniter was not working I've replaced it early this week. The first 2 days it works fine. Now it would take 2 to 3 tries, by the time it would ignites the burn pot is 3/4 full of pellets. This morning I had to start it manually.

I installed it according to the instruction that was sent to me by Englander. I notice that the tip of the heating element is about 1/2" behind the burn pot.

Should it be flush with the burn pot to help ignite faster or just 1 try. I was thinking of pushing it forward flush with the burn pot. I just want to get a few opinions before I do it.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    No, you don't want it touching the pot....you need to have a bit of airflow through it so you have ignition....You might be a bit too far away if it is a 1/2" away though....You can mess with it a bit but I would go a "bit" closer.....maybe a 1/4" away......
  3. gambler13

gambler13 Member

Loc:
    pa
    This was the same problem I had with mine when I had the Englander and just adjusting the igniter forward a little fixed the problem. As stated though, you must allow an air gap.
  4. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

I got it in the correct spot now. It fire up but I had to moved some of the pellets out of the way.
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    I know this is going to sound a bit weird but usually pulling the igniter back into the tube a bit works very well as the air flow gets very hot and it is that hot air flow that does the lighting of the pellets.

Just make certain that the area around the igniter in the tube is free of ash.
  6. jim3854

jim3854 Member

Loc:
    Rhode island
    I have the same model best way is to place 2 or 3 pellets right near the igniter works everytime. Make sure its clean sometimes it gets caked up . Good luck.
  7. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

It seem to work well now with it a bit deeper in vs what's recommended.