Englander 25 PVDC Burn time questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryker99169

Dec 14, 2016
Eastern Washington
Model Englander 25
Condition 1 week old
Pellets lignetics
Chimney length, clean out T,5' rise,90,3' horizontal,
Speed setting 1

So I'm only getting about 12 hours of feed time out of a full hopper wich seems to hold just under 40# bag sometimes it seems to burn longer.

Start up process is all over the chart with the amount of pellets that fill the burn pot sometimes approximately 1 cup and sometimes 6-8 overflowing before it fires off.

I'm definitely concerned about these abnormalities and very disappointed with customer service not catering to those of us on the west coast. I'm out the door prior to the team starting and home way after the close up the barn.

Need to be a bit more specific on which model 25 what? Usually have letters that are more specific to model.

stoveguy2esw is the head tech at England Stove ... send him a pm or find a post of his as his email is in his signature line.

[email protected]

Reactions: Ryker99169
IMG_20161214_183452.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes the amount of pellets that are transferred to the burn pot by the auger is more related to size of pellets themselves. Smaller pellets will load more per auger turn than longer pellets.

Manual doesn't have much info on auger timing. Could try searching the forum for more info. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: cecil_archer
Reactions: Lake Girl
11 hours ago I topped off the hopper and set the settings at I for fuel feed and 9 for room air. And this is where I'm currently at in the hopper.

Attachments

• IMG_20161217_093707.jpg
    IMG_20161217_093707.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20161217_195540.jpg
    IMG_20161217_195540.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 198
11 hours ago I topped off the hopper and set the settings at I for fuel feed and 9 for room air. And this is where I'm currently at in the hopper.
Close the restrictor plate, which is located at the bottom of the hopper as far as it goes. Factory settings are 6-4-1 for the lower buttons. Make sure you're in the proper heat mode, which is "d". Here's the instructions to verify your burn mode.. Unplug the power supply from the wall and plug it back in and within 4 - 5 seconds you need to press both the up-and-down blower buttons at the same time and in the window to the left you will see either A, B, C or D mode in the heat range digital display if you see anything other than D then use the up and down buttons to change it to the proper mode which is D.

Just quickly...
I get 20-22 hours out of a hopper full
Settings are 3-4-1 Heat is at 1-4
Mode C

Dan

Reactions: Ryker99169
Lower 3 buttons. Tried them last night 12 hours and the hopper is empty. Going to check this restrictor plate here in a few minutes when it's shut down.
Have you checked your lower 3 buttons yet?
LFF
LBA
AOT?

These wont affect your start up, but will drastically affect your burn time / fuel consumption.

Generally speaking the settings are 5-5-1 respectively.

Thank you very much gentleman. I'm giving this a fresh burn test. Setting D 3-4-1 pellet restrictor maximum closed start time 11:10 am with one maximum filled hopper if 40#

Now for some questions. As the owners manual is definitely lacking in all the information that I received here. #1 What's A B C D. #2 why is the system not responding to my manual feed rate setting.

Attachments

• IMG_20161218_103028.jpg
    IMG_20161218_103028.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20161218_110949.jpg
    IMG_20161218_110949.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 172
Correct me if I am wrong 3-4-1 feed rate - burn air speed - room fan speed
Yes... the bottom three buttons.

As for the ABCD... those are heat modes. You should only be either on C or D.
(C is hotter)... only works on the first two heat range settings (1 and 2).

Be careful not to close your restrictor too much.. make small adjustments there, and watch
that when you change brands of pellets, that they are very similar in size..
If the pellets are too long, you won't get enough pellets feeding on low heat settings..

Dan

c mode changes the auger feed rates so it feeds faster creating more heat

In essence, yes. You wouldn't use mode A or B with a PDVC. The board is used in other models that may use A or B, one of them is a diagnostic mode i think.

As far as C and D go, those are two that you'd use. D is the factory setting, but you can easily switch to C. C mode's feed rates are the fastest, putting more pellets in the burn post. I run C mode once it gets and stays below freezing outside. I can keep my 1000 sq ft cape 70 downstairs and 63 up when it's single digits to below zero outside. That's with the lower holes plugged up and softwood pellets.

So what I am.understanding this thing has 36 separate fees rates. A 1-9, B 1-9, C 1-9 and D 1-9
Not exactly...
Changing the mode, only effects settings 1 and 2...
after that the stove just defaults
to factory settings...
And as mentioned earlier... use only c or d.....

Not exactly...
Changing the mode, only effects settings 1 and 2...
after that the stove just defaults
to factory settings...
And as mentioned earlier... use only c or d.....

Not the case with Modes. Changing modes affects all heat settings. Changing the lower 3 numbers, regardless of mode, is what only affects heat setting 1 and 2.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
My mistake... thanks.. that does sound right..
it's been a while since I actually made my changes,
or thought about this stove...

Now that I think about it, on a high heat setting, mine actually shut down,
probly from getting too hot...

Dan..

I believe it. My stove gets wicked hot running in C-mode heat setting 9. It's never shut down or been dangerously hot. I can only run it that high when it's super cold outside, like less than 10 degrees.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
Status
Not open for further replies.