1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Englander 25-PVDC Ignighter element?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by pelletizer, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pelletizer

pelletizer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pellet County N.H.
    Question on a Englander 25-PVDC Ignighter element proper location in burn pot.

I know the element is located in the right rear of the burn pot in a hole, but my question is this.
    Is the element supposed to stick out into the burn pot?
    Mine is not and it is behind the metal plate in the burn pot not sticking out of the hole? (concerned ash will build up behind the burn pot) I would think it should be sticking out into the burn pot for good ignition?

thx.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Nope. It is where it is supposed to be. And works well there without getting a bunch of residue stuck to it that would insulate it and make it stop working.
  3. pelletizer

pelletizer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pellet County N.H.
    Sounds good Brother Bart, I am looking foward to getting my first pellet stove going.

I had a Jotul # 3 wood stove in my last home (nice stove) and have a Stihl chain saw I do think is made in your state of VA.
    We used to fire up an old Glenwood Parlor stove and an old Atlantic Kero oven/heater stove up in maine years ago... (those were the days)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.