Englander 25EP Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kray

Dec 24, 2014
Salt Lake City
I have a new Englander EP25 that was purchased just this week. Is there anything that I should know to make this stove better than it is out of the box? I read about numbers/settings like 151 or 141, not sure what this means. Also, after three days I have picked up an intermittent squeal or squeak from the unit. The auger is free with no binding. If this squeak/squeak is from the auger can it be oiled? My old Breckwell ran for 15 years with 0 problems until the main control board went down. Kind of wish I would have repaired it now. Not sure if I made the right decision on this Englander.

I bumped my LBA to 5. Other then that, I haven't played with the settings. Problem free so far.

Have a 25EP also it squeaks of and on , thought a bearing was going , well Mike to the rescue informed me No auger bearings on 25EP i is a happy guy just a pellet between auger and shaft no problem , im sure graphite would help but squeaks Do go away . Another little advice , i adjust the lower 3 bottom buttons to the pellet im burning , all pellets burn different , only the LFF and LBA leave the AOT alone . Just opened another door didnt i so keep stove clean and make sure u keep it as air tight as possible , do all that and u have happy stove

Status
Not open for further replies.