Question on upgrading Harman p38+

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JBecksted

Aug 31, 2023
Northern New York
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. SO, I hope everyone is well.

I have a Harman p38+ pellet stove that I purchased back in 2011. It has been a great stove and we even used it as out primary heat source last winter. It did great even in the below zero weather. I did burn a little over 4 tones of pellets.

Over the years I have had to do a few things to it. A new blower motor, feed motor, and door gasket have been all I have replaced so far. I did just purchase a new auger and burn pot gasket since the last year the auger was squealing a bit.

While I was on the Websight I say that there was a circuit board upgrade for my stove. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if the new one was anything different from the one, I have? My stove has the three control knobs. Also, would it be worth spending the $500 on it?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum
Personly I would not upgrade unless the new board was going to give me
something I desperately want or need.
If the old board loses its magic smoke then upgrade

Reactions: Northwoodneil