Englander 25PVDC+Pellet Newb=Pathetic...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would said jumper be and what might it look like?

I think I have an old, cheap thermostat sitting around somewhere, should I try to hook it up?

DexterDay said:
BTW-Awesome Forum name... Do you "Ride" (Bikes, ATV's, Etc)

Haha, actually, I don't really... just now and then with some friends. It was actually my first email address (anybody still remember AOL 1.0???), which I made when I was pretty young... and being a dumb kid, I didn't realize that the proper spelling for what I was going for was "Traxxas", which is a brand of radio controlled trucks, which I still, to this day play with. Sad thing is, I never realized I had been misspelling it for about 15 years, so now it just sticks. Frankly, it's what everybody knows me as because it's the name of my business too (building, restoring and refinishing firearms).

So yes... my online persona is all based completely off of a 15 year old mistake! :)

Cool, I've had a nitro rustler and a tmaxx.

But those days are gone.

smoke show said:

But those days are gone.

Great, I've got an OLD Hawk 2, an electric Rustler and a Nitro T-Maxx that's in need of a differential!

Would you mind taking a measurement of your temp for me?

stove is currently turned off.

can take a measurement tomorrow night.

all I have is the thermometer I used in post 14.

Lemme no wut u need.

Traxxis said:
smoke show said:

But those days are gone.

Great, I've got an OLD Hawk 2, an electric Rustler and a Nitro T-Maxx that's in need of a differential!
I have owned a T-maxx and a Monster pirate. But fly only helis now. Did you see the new rc car from traxxas (X0-1) that can reach speeds well over 100 mph in 4.6 seconds. Would not want my kids getting one of those for christmas. Talking bout some broken legs.

Hope you get the stove going. Its gonna start getting cold. Its almost January.

give me a call.

reason for the busy signal yesterday was the phone company shut us down while working on the lines. we had no phone coverage for over 4 hours. when i did come up it was kinda sporty in here for a while playing catch up. phones are wiorking fine now (AFAIK) so you should be able to call right in

Check the mode. Should be on d. Unplug unit and press both room air arrows at the same time within 5seconds of plugging it in and release. Program c is the larger pdv model try that too. Direct power the upper auger without pellets in the hopper and time the rpm with the, otor running for ten minutes. Check the set screw too. Remover the auger shaft and inspect the pivot bearing. ?.there it a grease port there to lubricate it.remove both augers and make sure the drop chute between the augers is clean, vacume the air intake, check the rpm of the combustion motor. There are some things to try.

the prior owner could have had it connected to a thermostat if so it is likely starting out a the normal start up settings seeing there is no call for heat and dropping in to maintain fire mode which is low burn.

Check the control board for a missing jumper wire on the thermostat connector.

Consult the manual section dealing with operating the stove on a thermostat.

betcha that's it,,,, betcha that's it!!!!!!

John
(Traxxas T-maxx nitro and a whole basement fuul of r/c planes)!!!

Traxxis said:
Where would said jumper be and what might it look like?

I think I have an old, cheap thermostat sitting around somewhere, should I try to hook it up?

Sorry, a little late in responding things are more than a bit hectic around here these days.

I'd read the fine manual about thermostat installation, usually when a stove is in manual mode there is a jumper across the thermostat connections so the stove always thinks it is calling for heat when turned on.

Since that stove is used I'd also take Mike Holton up on his kind offer and give his tech group at England a call.

I can easily achieve 175 - 200 deg on my PDVC, even with mediocre fuel

When I was burning Somersets last year I was getting 220+ deg

Did Traxxis leave the building?

chrisasst said:
Any update

Sadly, as soon as I started making progress on tuning this thing... the weather has been in the 70's every day!

Cooler weather around the bend though.

I did burn a bag of "premium" pellets from Atwoods and they were absolutely horrible. I plan to pick up some more Pennington's next week since I'm down to my last bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.