englander 30 fan change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsfan

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 1, 2008
Jackson,Mi.
My wife thinks the fan that comes with the 30nc is too loud. Has anyone switched out the fan for something else and if so what did you switch to? I have been looking at other fans but not sure if they would be any quieter or not.

i have a simple pedestal fan running behind mine it works fine,and is alot quieter than the stock blower.have a spare on hand in case it goes down as finding one this time of year would be tough.

Both fan options are loud. If you have the one that I have (looks like a hairdryer) then the other fan is reportedly louder.

Yes the larger is slightly louder but rattles like a sob! The fix was some folded aluminum foil and no more rattle but a lot more air movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.