Englander 30 Install ... PICS INCLUDED!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjayhawk

Dec 6, 2008
North of St. Louis
OK ... the Englander 30 is in and enjoying its first fire.

After squeezing as much wood as possible into the Napoleon 1400 2.25 cu/ft firebox, I am amazed at the Englander's 3.5 cu/ft firebox! I think I could fit a few of my kids in there!

Here are the photos--because somebody is going to ask for proof!!

There is one pic of the old Napoleon 1400 ... and the rest are of the new beast!

Attachments

• Napoleon 1400 1.jpg
    Napoleon 1400 1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 957
  • Englander 1.jpg
    Englander 1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 951
  • Englander 2.jpg
    Englander 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 966
  • Englander 3.jpg
    Englander 3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 977
  • Englander 4.jpg
    Englander 4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,125
Gonna be warm in at least one house in St. Louie tonight.

Looking good!

Just a great picture of the first fire. :)

Lots of room to fill with fire wood, have fun wit the break in.
You deserve some snow for Christmas :)

Very nice install & nice new stove :)

I forgot to add that in about 30 minutes there is gonna be a lot of smell in a house in St. Louie also when that paint starts cooking off. :shut:

In MO I am betting on a concrete slab.

Looks really nice in that room!

SlyFerret said:
What is under your tile floor?

-SF

About 6" - 8" of concrete! The stove is in the finished basement.

Smoke alarms have been sounding intermittently ... while the little ones are going to bed!!! It's a lot of fun!

Love it! Nice job on the install. Hope you didn't pack your shorts and t shirts away for winter! Stay warm and happy burning!

kjayhawk said:
SlyFerret said:
What is under your tile floor?

-SF

About 6" - 8" of concrete! The stove is in the finished basement.

Smoke alarms have been sounding intermittently ... while the little ones are going to bed!!! It's a lot of fun!

LOL! Excellent. Carry on then!

-SF

Nice looking beast. All you need is the official T Shirt then you will be bonafied. lol. enjoy it in good health in the company of loved ones.

BrotherBart said:
You'd be surprised how many basements we have in my neck of the woods.

Nice to see another Stl/Englander burner on here. Cooking with a 13 insert in Ferguson.

Wingman said:
BrotherBart said:
You'd be surprised how many basements we have in my neck of the woods.

Nice to see another Stl/Englander burner on here. Cooking with a 13 insert in Ferguson.

Cooking here in Brighton, IL, too ... with the windows open and a fan exhausting the paint fumes!

For you Englander 30 owners out there, at what temp do you damper down when loading for the night?

Ken your stove and install look terrific! Those 30-NC stoves are a great value and good looking as well!

Ray

Awesome looking stove and install - enjoy that heat. My friend just put one in and (with good fuel) it throws some serious heat! Cheers!

I know a lot of people with the gold trim (which is nice too), but I think I like the all black look myself... nice set-up.

Looks great. Did you actually measure the difference in fire box size between the Nap and Englander?

Todd said:
Looks great. Did you actually measure the difference in fire box size between the Nap and Englander?

I did not ... but the amount of wood that filled the Napoleon only fills the Englander about 2/3 full. We burned 2/3 of a load last night ... loaded the stove at 10:15 and had ample coals to reload at 8 AM.

One glaring difference between the Napoleon and the Englander is that the Englander's glass doesn't stay nearly as clear as the Napoleon's. We rarely had any build-up on the Nap glass ... but I can't seem to keep the Englander's glass clear except in the middle of the burn cycle. Last night the stove top topped out at 600 before we dampered it down ... and I closed the air completely ... just as I did with the Nap each night. Any thoughts?

kjayhawk said:
Todd said:

I did not ... but the amount of wood that filled the Napoleon only fills the Englander about 2/3 full. We burned 2/3 of a load last night ... loaded the stove at 10:15 and had ample coals to reload at 8 AM.

One glaring difference between the Napoleon and the Englander is that the Englander's glass doesn't stay nearly as clear as the Napoleon's. We rarely had any build-up on the Nap glass ... but I can't seem to keep the Englander's glass clear except in the middle of the burn cycle. Last night the stove top topped out at 600 before we dampered it down ... and I closed the air completely ... just as I did with the Nap each night. Any thoughts?

Being a new stove, it may take a new procedure.

Perhaps the Englander does not permit as much air into the stove as the napoleon did when shut down completely.

Try leaving the air open a bit.

pen

Looking really nice! :)

Looking good enjoy,it will keep you warm,that and a slab of St. Louis style ribs a Cold Arrogant Bastard pale ale and you've found heaven,Good Luck with it.

when I close mine down I leave the tip of the spring even with lip on stove. seems to work out well

Status
Not open for further replies.