Englander 30-NC / (Installed w/Pics and FIRE!!!) Completed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to finalize.. I forgot to add pics of the Brackets attched to the house. I did end up adding the last 3 ft section of Flue, Even though it is not that cold. I did notice a difference in the Draft. I have to close the Primary down further than usual. To the point where it is almost closed. If open more than 3/4"-1", its starts to skyrocket to 700* and beyond.

There is a bracket every 4 ft (Actually about 3' 10") and the added support brackets for the upper section. Seeing how it is about 6-6.5 ft above roof line.

They are simple brackets. Made out of 1" x 1" square stock, with 2" x 3" flat stock (1/4") welded on the ends. Solid as a Rock now.

Hope this helps someone with there install down the road. It did take a little extra thinking (Most done on Forum members part) but it eliminated me cutting out the eve/overhang.

I have now ran the stove quite a bit and am very comfortable with the way in which it operates. Having been my 1st woodstove, I can definitely see an insert upstairs in my Pre-Fab fireplace. I know it will have to be a small limited model, but I was looking at a "BIS"? At a local shop. Seems pretty nice. fairly large box, flush mount, secondary burn, and has a OAK, that I can use my existing OAK on the FP.

Thanks to everyone for the help. And a HUGE Thank you to lethal dose. You are one hell of a guy and I wish you well in the Carolinas. Hope the Work situation worked out for you and your Wife.

If you do ever come back up this way to visit your family, I would be more than willing to have you over. Have a few beers and see the home that your stove keeps warm. My family loves the 30. Baby girl is only 5 months old and is amazed by the flames.

Thanks again, to lethal dose (Best $800 I ever spent) and to all the fine folks here at Hearth.

Attachments

• Chimney Bracket 1.jpg
    Chimney Bracket 1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 491
  • Chimney Bracket 2.jpg
    Chimney Bracket 2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 436
  • Englander 30 Primary.jpg
    Englander 30 Primary.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 468
  • Englander 30-NC.jpg
    Englander 30-NC.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 462
  • Englander 30-NC 2.jpg
    Englander 30-NC 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 521
mhrischuk said:
Great thread and a great install. Love the pics.

Mike
I
Thanks... Although your install thread for your Hearthstone ('s), was more in depth and MUCH more beautiful than this.
And that Hearth of yours. Oh my, what a thing of beauty.

Enjoy your 30. Nice job. Nice clean install on the outside chimney.

DexterDay said:
I have now ran the stove quite a bit and am very comfortable with the way in which it operates. Having been my 1st woodstove, I can definitely see an insert upstairs in my Pre-Fab fireplace. I know it will have to be a small limited model, but I was looking at a "BIS"? At a local shop. Seems pretty nice. .

Hey Dexter I have a BIS Ultima stove didn't know which one your looking at. Works good wish it had more contol of the air.

BTY The Install looks great.

estang said:
DexterDay said:
I have now ran the stove quite a bit and am very comfortable with the way in which it operates. Having been my 1st woodstove, I can definitely see an insert upstairs in my Pre-Fab fireplace. I know it will have to be a small limited model, but I was looking at a "BIS"? At a local shop. Seems pretty nice. .

Hey Dexter I have a BIS Ultima stove didn't know which one your looking at. Works good wish it had more contol of the air.

BTY The Install looks great.

Not sure what model. Was the only one at Heat Exchange. Was attracted to it because the firebox size was bigger (or seemed) than the inserts that they had available for Pre Fabs.

What type of burn times are you getting out of yours?

Looks like a great set up! You'll love sitting down there and watching the flames dance or "shoot" around. I used to spend lots of time in front of my stoves when they were in the basement. Come in from splitting wood or sledding with the kids and go straight down there! Hang up the wet coats and boots and warm up. My kids used to leave their shoes down there and warm up in front of the stove before school. Congrats!

Great job all around and what a deal you got on the whole thing! :bug: You'll love it!

FPX Dude said:
Looks great, the "man cave" is complete!

Not quite. It needs an old recliner, a flat screen TV and a mini fridge. Of course with the 30 crankin', the recliner will have to be at least 20 feet from the stove! :cheese:

Nice install!

Really nice setup...gotta love the simple lines of those Englanders. Keep a
good guard on that mancave...barbarians(wife, children, assorted house apes)
will come and take it away from you...trust me I know.. :)

Shadow&Flame; said:
Really nice setup...gotta love the simple lines of those Englanders. Keep a
good guard on that mancave...barbarians(wife, children, assorted house apes)
will come and take it away from you...trust me I know.. :)

+1...
The mancave here became the womancave last year..... :coolgrin: :lol:

Actually the Man Cave is on the other side pf the basement (finished) complete with 12' bar, pool table, foose ball table, card table, dart board, TV, stereo, etc... I plan on finishing this last piece of the basement this Winter. I may bring all that into this room and turn the Now Man Cave into a bigger Pellet Crib. 7 ton is all I can fit into my current room. 2 ton sit outside the room.

Thanks for the replies everyone. The 30 is a great stove... I look forward to the many threads ahead from all of us new users....

Well, it's been 2 full seasons of use and nothing but good things to say. The 30-NC is one heck of a steel stove.

The stove is ever evolving. I have since swapped the Ped for the Legs and I am currently painting it Honey Glo Brown (Stove Bright paint). Also added the blower (the 1st season was without blower, went full 2nd season with) and also added a convection deck (Mod!!!. i also used it 1st season with No OAK and 2nd year i added an OAK. As for the convection deck, I only use it when blower is running. It allows the air to go across the entire top of the stove. Picking up more heat. Helped tremendously.

The only thing that would make this a better stove? If it was upstairs, in my family room. :) Maybe one day, but that's a while down the road.

image.jpg image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.