englander 30 price ? What did yo pay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
I was wonder what were some of the great pricing you guys got ? I was looking at purchasing 2 at the same time at the end of the season what would be a very good deal?

Anything under list is good - because those folks who got great deals did so last year when things were vastly different. At the time, there was a glut of stoves and these "deals" are simply closeouts of extra stock left in the stores. This year - there is none.

So, although you may hear of a good deal somewhere, it will be the exception this year...and, in fact, you are likely to not be able to find one even at regular price since big boxes are already on to Spring stuff.

$2.28 a pound.

BrotherBart said:
$2.28 a pound.

ha! what a great way to look at it. About the same price as ground round on sale!

What a deal!

pen

I bought mine at Sutherlands this week for $725 out the door. They had them marked down $150 and talked them into another 10% off . They had three of them on the floor

late season deals are out there , will be posibly moreso in the coming weeks , as our stoves are sold by the big boxes as "seasonal" items , they will usually drop prices on them late like now through 1feb (ish) in order to make room for spring stock. like web said there may not be as many out there but im sure there will be some , look at our dealer locator and get phone numbers to call to the stores in your area and see if they have any in stock, might be able to catch one before they are snapped up.

as for our end, if they sell em at regular price or at a buck a stove it doesnt harm us as they have already purchased and paid for them from us , so buy em up so they will order more next season ;-P

I paid $436 for mine last year at Lowes and this bad boy has already paid for itself! Last night it got to -17, and the 1500 sf this beast heats was at 73 degrees this morning with a full load put in at 10:00 pm. I almost feel bad for the price I paid. It just doesn't seem right to pay so little for so much. Maybe I will send Lowes an extra couplle hundred this weekend;)

I found a guy on craigslist that happened to live about 20 minutes from me. He and his wife live in a little country church that has been converted into a house. They bought two 30's from home depot thinking that they would need both to heat the place. It turned out that one was sufficient and he was tired of tripping over the extra stove in his living room.

The stove was brand new, still on the original pallet, still wrapped in plastic. I handed him $550 cash, and didn't hang around long enough for him to change his mind.

The entire installation (stove/hearth/chimney) cost under $1500. The stove is paying for itself this year.

-SF

Lowes must be getting close to 50%....Gotta be ready to drive and beg the department man to save it. Hell, spot him a 20 and nobody will take that stove away from you before you are there. I drove 50 miles in some nasty snow last year but I got it for 449 for my Dad's cabin. I smile every time I think of the deal. Like Craig said the demand was low at that time of year..before price increases in gas, etc. There are still a couple left around...call, call and be ready. This is a stove that will last you a while so put in the time, do your "homework", and get ready for madness when they are marked down. Might be this Sunday :)

$350.00 last March from Home Depot.

Wow I thought I got a spanking deal. I just picked up an Englander 30 tonight for 450 only fired a couple times. Used, but you guys got yours new for so low?! Wow.

anyway its basically new. its still on the truck. The stove and as much wood as I could fit for 450. He said I can go back and get the rest of the wood. I might just do that. about 1/4 of a cord left, but its an hour away so......

IMG_3398-Medium.JPG

Hey mine came with the pedestal.. then the cast legs were mounted UNDER it. Wtf is up with that?

Paid $775.00 Home Depot in Oct

$810 at Lowes back in Oct.

Not sure about the box stores around everyone else, but the Lowes here has had very little inventory on wood/pellet stoves this year, and doubt they will have any big price reductions if any. I actually had to drive 60+ miles to another store to get mine in October, as it was an online only sale and the local store, 1 mile away, was listed as "not available online due to low inventory level" in store.

$899 in August. It was something like 940 after taxes. It would have been great to get it at some of the above prices but I'm still happy.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.