Englander 55 SHP 22L (no heat)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffy

Hearth Supporter
Oct 24, 2008
NH
I've been trying to find out why my pellet stove won't heat a 400 sq. ft room. All the heat seems to be going out the exhaust chimney. It is very hot to the touch.

My question is;

Is the exhaust blower always on?
It comes on during the start up and never shuts off. Is this common with this stove? Can't afford to heat the neighborhood.

Thanks.

scruffy said:
I've been trying to find out why my pellet stove won't heat a 400 sq. ft room. All the heat seems to be going out the exhaust chimney. It is very hot to the touch.

My question is;

Is the exhaust blower always on?
It comes on during the start up and never shuts off. Is this common with this stove? Can't afford to heat the neighborhood.

Thanks.

Your exhaust blower is an ID (induced draft) fan, and really more accurately a combustion blower as it pulls in air from outside. It's simple really, no combustion blower, no intake air in the burn pot, no fire. Can you tell us which settings the stove is set on? I have the 55SHP10 in a 450 sq ft room and it will burn you out. Your vent pipe should be hot to the touch.

Is your room air blower coming on? Blowing hot air out the front of the stove?

Yes, heat is coming out the front of the stove top and the blower is working, only not what I would call hot air, more like warm air.

Ran the stove at 6-4-1 and a tech suggestion of and 5-9-1, made no difference. Like I said the exhaust pipe is so hot you can't touch it.

Only thing I can think of now is, might my chimney be to effieicent by pulling to much of a draft? It enters a masonery chimney through a 8 inch flue reduced to 3 inch Simpson pellet pipe. It is about 15-20 feet tall from were the exhaust enters to the top.

Best to shoot a phone call to Englander tomorrow.
They have very good support and will help you TS the issue faster
than posting here for days.

I see you have two threads going regarding the same issue?
Not trying to bust on ya, but for the future I'd recommend
one thread so as not to get confusing. Good luck with it!

Been there done that with tech support.
Sorry for the extra thread but the first got buried, and it was a differnet question on the same subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.