Englander 55 TRP IP-S aka 25 IP-S

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
actually i dont think that one has a dvd in it, we have just gotten them back from the manufacturer in the last couple days. i can check on that and maybe have one sent up but it wouldnt be of much help today i guess.
I don't need no DVD as long as I know what to do. ;) It will be cool to see it fire up.

So then the break in is basically.
1- Plug it in, Hit start, check to make sure the auger and combution fan work. Make sure the "oh sh!t no fire auto shutoff" is working too. this take about 20 mins. I understand the room blower will never spin as it never reaches temp.
2- Take it outside and fire it up for 3 hours on 5 (combustion) and 5 (room fan) to burn off any excess paint/solvents/oils/grease etc etc. and to make sure the room blower works also. Hit shutdown to make sure that works too.

I seem to recall that it may smoke a little while doing the break in, is this correct?
You got it!!

But the DVD is a good thing to have for future reference.

I don't need no DVD as long as I know what to do. ;) It will be cool to see it fire up.

So then the break in is basically.
1- Plug it in, Hit start, check to make sure the auger and combution fan work. Make sure the "oh sh!t no fire auto shutoff" is working too. this take about 20 mins. I understand the room blower will never spin as it never reaches temp.
2- Take it outside and fire it up for 3 hours on 5 (combustion) and 5 (room fan) to burn off any excess paint/solvents/oils/grease etc etc. and to make sure the room blower works also. Hit shutdown to make sure that works too.

I seem to recall that it may smoke a little while doing the break in, is this correct?

yep thats pretty much it

One thing I noticed is a little surface rust in the burn pot area nothing major. Should I paint it? I remember seeing a thread on others painting their burnpot area and would like my new stove to look nice......

That is one nice looking stove. Love the cabinet style and ease of getting to the guts of it for repairs. Can't wait to see pics of her burning.

One thing I noticed is a little surface rust in the burn pot area nothing major. Should I paint it? I remember seeing a thread on others painting their burnpot area and would like my new stove to look nice......

you'll just burn the paint off with the first fire

That's a very cool looking stove! The overall design looks familiar. I like anything that gives you access like that for maintenance. I will be interested in hearing how it goes!

you wanted pics???? here's a few that I just quickly snapped...

IMG_8287.jpg

IMG_8302.jpg

IMG_8303.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg

IMG_8293.jpg

IMG_8297.jpg

IMG_8298.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: becasunshine
IMG_8299.jpg

IMG_8300.jpg

IMG_8301.jpg

Reactions: becasunshine
So there's some pix. BTW I did sell my other 25 PDVC and it went in 1 day. Sweet. Buy them used in the spring, fixem up, paint them and sell em in the fall. It's an easy formula. Maybe I should've asked more for them?

IMG_8290.jpg

Thanks for all the great pics.

That rust in the firebox looks troubling, but I suppose the heat will take care of it? I imagine even high-temp paint wouldn't survive in the box itself.

mchasalits fine. It is surface rust that I post: 1521700 said:
Thanks for all the great pics.

That rust in the firebox looks troubling, but I suppose the heat will take care of it? I imagine even high-temp paint wouldn't survive in the box itself.
I am sure that I could wipe off. Your welcome about the pics.

....That rust in the firebox looks troubling, but I suppose the heat will take care of it? ....
Surface rust....not to worry. Light sanding & hi heat paint, or just let the heat take care of it.

almost ready to install anyway, I was hanging out with a friend of mine who has a Harmon and he was curious what kind of BTU'ss this puts out and I did not see it listed on the website or the literature that came with it. BTU'S ??

I am a little late but thanks Mike for the info. :)

BTW did the 20 min dry run and it shut off with the E2 code as it should. Then did the driveway 2 hour burn and everything seemed aok. I didn't notice any odd smells well maybe one fofor like a second or 5 but that could've been from elsewhere I suppose. ? Also I f7nished my homemade hearth and finally ready for the install. Pics and details to follow...

Last edited:
First the homemade hearth... It's a sheet of that wood chip board, 2 sheets of concrete board and some tile on top. Bottom will be covered with rug to protect new fllor nothing fancy but turned out nice considering....

A) never even knew there was concrete board before seeing it here nor had I ever used it and
B) I've never done any tiling...ever.

Amazing what youtube will show you these days. Anyway I was quite pleased with the results. For me between tile, grout, tile cement, 2 concrete board, sheet of chip board and misc stuff ......cost was about $100. Give or take. The molding around the edge was just recycled that matches the new floor (laminate) and trim in the man cave. (Thanks to Steve for lending me his tile stuff and helping me mud my room.)

IMG_8335.jpg

And the first burn....

IMG_8337.jpg

IMG_8349.jpg

and the other burn I did during the first burn...

IMG_8353.jpg

Nice Maduro there Ken!
Oh yeah, the pad and stove look good too.

Reactions: stillersnut
Nice Maduro there Ken!
Oh yeah, the pad and stove look good too.
I do love a good Maduro. And the Triple A (a AJ Fernandez blend) is pretty good though truth be told I used some Photoshop "magic" to make this one look even better. :)

Looks good Ken. Looking forward to your reviews once the real heating season begins.

That is the test for sure. I will let y'all know.

I (finally) just ordered a PIP from AMFM as well. Can't wait til it gets here!

Thanks for all the pics and info everyone!

Awesome! I wish I had another spot in the house for an IP. Look forward to seeing pictures!