englander gasket powder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cointelamtrr

Aug 25, 2017
Pellet
Just installed some gaskets for my pdvc-25. They had a black powdery residue on them that got everywhere. What is this and what does it do?

May not be but probably is graphite. Now available already on gasket rope. Helps keep the fibers from compressing and the rope going flat. I use the powder on gaskets that don't come with it already. It really helps keep the gaskets useable for much longer time. Graphite paint is a great coating for hopper interiors to help pellets slide to the auger and I paint it on the augers and feed tube to help prevent lot of noise and hopefully extend auger motor life. The powder is recommended by one stove manufacture as a monthly auger treatment. I also rub it on burn pots and trays