Englander install..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spoolie25

Oct 18, 2017
north nj
Ok guys I have been in the works of installing the baby Englander. The 1800 square foot one. I am using dvl double wall. I have the dvl stove adapter. Problem is it won't go into the stove. It looks like the welds are too big will post pictures to help show what I am talking about. Do I need a different adaptor to go from the stove to that one?

Attachments

• IMG_20180810_195211702.jpg
    IMG_20180810_195211702.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20180810_200124451.jpg
    IMG_20180810_200124451.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:
What is the ID of the welded area? If the current fit is a bit too loose you may need to deepen the end crimp with a crimping tool. If the fit feels snug and if the DVL outer wall is at or near the stove top, then that may be sufficient.

Last edited:
just an fyi the inner stainless steel part must not protrude past those welds and into the firebox, its fine if there resting on top the welds, I do remember someone here a couple years ago took a grinder to shave off some of the excess weld slag to get a level fit.

I checked mync30 with single wall pipe and the tall flue collar means that the taper fits tight well above the weld. Your double wall adapter is just small. Have you tried just shoving the double wall pipe straight into the stove and not using the short adapter?

Ugh. Why aren’t flue collars one standard size. Like 2” pipe thread or 6” ductile iron water main. Standardize!

My hearthstone, the dvl adapter was small and was loose in the stove but putting the regular pipe into the stove collar it fit perfectly.

I checked mync30 with single wall pipe and the tall flue collar means that the taper fits tight well above the weld. Your double wall adapter is just small. Have you tried just shoving the double wall pipe straight into the stove and not using the short adapter?

Ugh. Why aren’t flue collars one standard size. Like 2” pipe thread or 6” ductile iron water main. Standardize!
It really is annoying. Pipe also varies quite a bit as well. I dont see why they cant make it standard

My hearthstone, the dvl adapter was small and was loose in the stove but putting the regular pipe into the stove collar it fit perfectly.
Same on the Alderlea. DVL with no adapter fits perfectly.

Worth a try. You have the pipe sitting right there. It should have a shorter taper and a larger diameter. Both of the things you need.

You = the OP.