Englander NC-30 Owners? How do you like your stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Just went to the Home Depot and saw that they had one for $599, almost picked it up. I know someone that works there and he is holding it in the back until friday should i decide to purchase it. Anyone here owns one of those, how do you like it? The one at the depot is missing the gold handle and gold trims. That is a HUGE firebox.
Testimonials please.

thanks

Franklin

Sounds like they are getting ready for spring. Better hurry back, there are a lot of folks reading this forum. If you snooze you may lose. It's a big honking heater, good for a large space. If you have a real need for it, get it. That's a great price.

PS: There are lots of posts on this stove here. Mod, BrotherBart had the first posting and he's still a happy camper. 'Nuf said?

Been a great heater for this barn for five seasons. If the six hundred buck one was close it would be headed for my basement tomorrow.

The spring handles are like three or four bucks. And I tossed the trim.

If you want a high output, great performing, reliable radiant stove at a good price, jump on it!

Looks like i will be going to pick it up tomorrow. Its safely "tucked" away behind some other junk in the back of the depot. A buddy of mine works there and he will hold it till friday. I am planning to put it where my small US Stove 1100B stove currently is. I under bought my present stove and its not really cutting it. I have a split level home and the stove room is nice and warm but the room across the hall stays pretty cool. Thanks All.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
I'm thinking road trip :lol:

Right--start firing off those negative reviews! :lol:

BTW, your chicken-to-Simpson transformation is smashing!

(mouth open, drooling) "Kathleen... ahh..." ;)

See if they have a sale on palm trees while there. You'll be ready for them. :lol:

KatWill said:
Looks like i will be going to pick it up tomorrow.

Wise move, and congratulations!

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

Great stove - great price.

Good luck,
Bill

Every once in a while I get a puff of smoke out the door when reloading. Nothing worse than that.

I wish it had bricks above the tubes instead of ceramic board, but that is pretty much just paranoia that I'll nail them with a split and break them.

Matt

(Curious) George said:

Your George is pretty cute. Your previous av needed an explanation.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
(Curious) George said:

Your George is pretty cute. Your previous av needed an explanation.

Thanks--I think our avatars would get along well. :)

My previous avatar was a bit too subtle a joke: Peter, from Heroes, having a bit of a problem controlling his "energy" ability. :) FWIW, the first season of that show was some of the best TV sci-fi ever, later seasons not so much.

KatWill said:
Just went to the Home Depot and saw that they had one for $599, almost picked it up. I know someone that works there and he is holding it in the back until friday should i decide to purchase it. Anyone here owns one of those, how do you like it? The one at the depot is missing the gold handle and gold trims. That is a HUGE firebox.
Testimonials please.

thanks

Franklin
bought a summers heat at lowes this fall, ( same stove) $599. that makes the 2nd one i own and i love them both. i paid full price @$999 for the one in the house 3 yrs ago and i thought it was a bargain compared to the stove shops. the 2nd one is at my camp and is a great heater also.
you cant go wrong and you can sell it for a profit at anytime soon.

I absolutely LOVE my 30-NC. It is one heck of a heater!

I picked mine up on craigslist for $550 (new, still wrapped in plastic, still on the shipping pallet) a few years ago. It's the best money I ever spent. The stove paid for itself in the first full season I had it.

If you need a stove, a 30-NC for $599 is probably one of the best deals you'll find.

-SF

Looks like I am going to retain my title as the only person that ever paid full list price for a 30.

I don't care. :lol:

Great price. They finally sold some 30-NCs at the Lowe's down here two years ago. The last one they had in stock was marked down to $799.00. I kept my eye on it for the longest time. I had read so many posts here about how they mark them down. They kept it until the winter of next year at the same $799 price until someone else apparently bought it.

Paid eleven hundred for it five years ago. It is 27 outside right now, 76 down stairs and 72 upstairs. Next question?

If will be a painful 68 upstairs in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.