Englander paint curing - it stinks!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeGreen said:
Open the windows, get the stove 700 degrees hot, and get the stink over with.

+1
It will stink every time it hits a new high temp so open the windows doors and the air control. Give her the reigns and let her run :)

Maybe you guys didn't read my post very well. I had the stove to 725, in fact multiple times. The stove still emits the paint curing smell every time I reload.

No big deal really though. This is one unbelievable stove, The house temps continue to rise and is keeping us comfortable at 73+ degrees.

Who says we know how to read? Burn it, Rockey...sooner or later it's gonna stop stinking if you just burn it. Rick

Take it off of the pallet.

Whodve guessed you could fit four Goodyears and a Wrangler in one of theses things.

I have one jealous neighbor

Dang, Rockey...maybe it's not the stove you smell at all, maybe you've already set your house on fire with that thing. :ahhh: Rick

fossil said:
Dang, Rockey...maybe it's not the stove you smell at all, maybe you've already set your house on fire with that thing. :ahhh: Rick

Actually, its a barn according to BB

Rockey said:
fossil said:

Actually, its a barn according to BB

:lol: If that's true, maybe that fact alone could account for the smell. %-P Rick

Rockey said:
Maybe you guys didn't read my post very well. I had the stove to 725, in fact multiple times. The stove still emits the paint curing smell every time I reload.

No big deal really though. This is one unbelievable stove, The house temps continue to rise and is keeping us comfortable at 73+ degrees.

Or we don't trust your thermometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.