ENGLANDER STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

summit

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
central maine
Englander stove...Do you guys have any STOVE dealers out there, or is it strictly a big box / hardware store kinda brand? I've been running into alot of them lately, and alot more people hooking them up solo, almost seems a good niche for some shops, maybe a solo guy. Does anyone do that? I checked on their site, and all dealers I found in my zip were big box stores and hardware stores.

I bought one of the pellet stoves last year for the specific purpose of starting to service them since they only sold through the box stores. Great market out there but my business insurance carrier knocked my knees into my socks when he realized I was going to service things that could burn down houses.

The short answer is no. It is pretty much DIY with them. They were talking about a service provider program but never replied to me about it. Maybe they will to you since you are an established shop. I bet not.

I also wondered the same thing. They should offer training for specialty retailers to service them. I get constant calls from folks who have Englander stoves, mostly pellets, who need help and or parts for them.

I used to service them all the time. Mike even used to call me on occassion (twice) to go out and look at problem children he couldn't get running over the phone. Any dealer/service guy should definately get a hold of them I used to make decent money from working on englanders. The parts were readily available. I always gave customers the choice of ordering what they needed and i would come back and install, or I could order it but they'd have to pay a small mark up. Surprisingly alot of people had me do the ordering and gladly paid my 10% mark up.

They do, but there is still a slew of people who bought these without realizing what goes into using/maintaining a pellet stove. They walk in, see one in a box for $31, throw it in a big orange cart with a wrench and some 2x4s, ask the pimply faced clerk "is this easy to use and install" He replies "Yes". A week or two later they are in my shop.

Like Franks said alot of people buy them and then need service after the sale. The big box business model doesn't have room for service after the sale to the extent that a small guy can offer. I was the small guy and jumped on the chance to make some money.

We are able to sell Englander wood and pellet units. I do service a TON of the pellet stoves and am very happy doing so. There's so many out there and the box stores don't support the products well so I'm trying to fill that void here.

where's Mike H on this one? MIKE!

Franks said:
They do, but there is still a slew of people who bought these without realizing what goes into using/maintaining a pellet stove. They walk in, see one in a box for $31, throw it in a big orange cart with a wrench and some 2x4s, ask the pimply faced clerk "is this easy to use and install" He replies "Yes". A week or two later they are in my shop.

You can buy them for $31?

tiber said:
You can buy them for $31?

If you could, I would have one in my family room for a backup. Still 4 figures.

Wow, how'd this thread get resurected?

Where the hell is Franks, anyways?

summit said:
Englander stove...Do you guys have any STOVE dealers out there, or is it strictly a big box / hardware store kinda brand? I've been running into alot of them lately, and alot more people hooking them up solo, almost seems a good niche for some shops, maybe a solo guy. Does anyone do that? I checked on their site, and all dealers I found in my zip were big box stores and hardware stores.

Anyone can become a dealer I think. I am a dealer. Problem being, pricing. For example, I can get a CMP-10 the multifuel stove for a retail price of $1580.00. Suggested retail is $2300.00 but if you do a web search you'll find that stove for sale for 1500 or less with free shipping.

I stock plenty of parts and they make up about 1/3 of my business. Thought about selling and offering a 2 year warranty but would have to do it at suggested retail...that's a hard sell to anyone doing their home work.

Status
Not open for further replies.