Englander / Summers Heat Stove 25-PDVC / 55-SHP10 Experiences

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
skypros said:
.... I learned something....... PARTS

It looks like if you buy a "name brand" the only way you can get parts is by going through a dealer...... (is this true??)

I am a Mr Fix-It, so I buy lots of things via the web.

Thanks
Steve

Steve, to go along with what macman and the others are pointing out, I'd like to add that if you don't mind a bit of hands on work you can even transplant motors into blowers, or build snorkels to transition between a commonly available equivalent part and one that has a custom mount.

The items that can be problematic are the electronic control and sensing systems in some of the stoves.

There are a lot of common parts between various stoves, the parts are just packaged a bit differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.