Enjoy that wood heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Locust is great wood. The older growth trees were covered in 3-4" daggers. If it wasn't in a bulldozer pile with them rubbed off I'd pass. I've seen several thorns go through a boot, it's not pretty.
I had a couple of these in front of the house i used to own 35 years ago. You didn't even want to look at those Locusts out of fear of those spikes. My old boss used to say they reminded him of Vietnam.

Never knew exactly what type of locusts they were. All the other many locusts around here are thornless honey locusts.

Reactions: all night moe
Now if only there was some near me to cut down.
I can mail you some ..... shipping is on you. LOL.
Seriously, if I was to travel south for anything, I'd drop off a couple stove loads for ya.
My buddy is complaining that is all he has right now. If there isn't a good coal bed, it's hard to get it to take. He has to stay on top of his 2 stoves with tending.

Ahh my stove is still in the wrapper, waiting for a newly constructed kitchen/dinning room to be complete. This weekend looks like snow and temps in the teens where I am.. perfect stove weekend. Oh well, I will wait and dream about it for now.

Reactions: all night moe