EntreeAir fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody1911a1

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2012
Marblehead , Ma
this morning i went to lowes looking for a fan to get some of that great warmth down to the first floor of my 2000 Sq ft split level . of course other than ceiling fans , they have nothing this time of the year .

then in the seasonal dept i find these
066028000408lg.jpg

made to mount in door jams $19.95 http://www.lowes.com/pd_183333-1061...treeair&productId=3089843&rpp=16#BVRRWidgetID

perfect . hey the reviews are mixed but it's working great .

happy camper , Woody

I unfortunately, have archways! I could mount backwards, and have someone hit their head on the corner of the fan, I suppose... <>

I have 2. I only use them when it's really cold out, but they make a difference. In fact, I take them down when I don't use them and put them back up when I need them. They

mine's making a 3-4 deg difference right now . which is just what the doctor ordered . last nite i was turning on my electric heater downstairs (refusing to order oil til i absolutely have to ) .

Glad it's working well for you.

I think fans like that are best used to boost the natural air currents in your house. Putting one at the bottom of a stairway blowing up would be a good example. I'd be willing to bet the non noise related negative reviews are from people trying to redirect or reverse a natural air current in their home. They simply don't have the output to do that.

thing is the layout of my home . split level with the fireplace at on end of the middle floor with a cathedral ceiling up to the top floor (bedrooms) . more than enough heat getting up there . natural air currents are what is screwing me down here in my man cave :)

You may need a Pratt & Whitney product for that.

Reactions: oldmountvernon
i tried that against what most people here say. i found a bigger fan at the top of the stairs blowing the cold air down is where its at as most here suggested :)

Oh, no doubt, but space and other things become a factor. The market for those little fans, obviously, is for someone who doesn't want to hear or see a larger fan. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people see a "specialized" fan and think problem solved and are blind to the fact its sort of a glorified computer fan.

BTW, thumbs up on your stash. Incredible.

I have a small table fan that I placed on top of a bookcase near the doorway to the room adjacent to the one the stove is in. When I want the warm air moved quickly, I use this fan. Otherwise I seem to have a natural flow that allows the air to move into that room more slowly. Getting the warm upstairs is another matter entirely.

You're blowing hot air DOWN into your man cave!? And it's working? Did you plug it into the 220? Lol

I thought all Man Caves were full of hot air anyway by their very nature!! ;lol (I'M KIDDING!!!)

Reactions: subsailor
Melissa220,.....in your signature...1/2 bag of MC! I love it! Ya, they're THAT bad. Lol.

Melissa220,.....in your signature...1/2 bag of MC! I love it! Ya, they're THAT bad. Lol.
YEs, I couldn't stand it any more. When I cleaned the stove this morning I emptied the hopper out and put MWP in instead. Figure I'll 'save' the MC for when I am absolutely desperate. :)

Newbie.

But, but you have a Harman they can burn anything, what gives?
Everything got dirty very quickly and the amount of clinkers in the burn pot was outrageous. Built up on the sides of the pot as well as the bottom. even had to scrape part of the burn pot...cap? The piece that is removable.

I didn't burn them, I took them back.

But, but you have a Harman they can burn anything, what gives?

mediocre heat , major ash and a molten mass in your burn pot that requires a sledge hammer and cold chisel to remove . other than that nothing . i vacuumed out the hopper of the rest and the other 2 bags are so buried in my shed that i'll never see them .

Reactions: Melissa220
mediocre heat , major ash and a molten mass in your burn pot that requires a sledge hammer and cold chisel to remove . other than that nothing . i vacuumed out the hopper of the rest and the other 2 bags are so buried in my shed that i'll never see them .
Exactly! Thank you!

Hey! Be nice. They burn and throw off decent heat, just incredibly ashy. It's sorta like drinking PBR or Old Swillwaukee....sure, they do the job but, oh, that next day.

P38X2, have you burned the NEWPs? I've seen them where I am, but haven't bought any to try, Wondered what you thought of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.