Enviro E2 defective exhaust blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldout

Oct 15, 2013
Wyoming
Hi all,

Just bought this blower for an circa 1993 Enviro E2 I bought and bringing back to life, supposed to be brand new, OEM. It came with the paddle fins slightly out of true. No biggie, I could take it off and straighten. But the cooling fins in the housing seem to be binding, hard to see, I can only surmise based upon the noise it's making. There doesn't seem to be a way to take them off of the spindle, though I suppose they could simply be bent by hand. Of course, the important question might be: why are they rubbing on the housing? I took a video of the unit in question. Can anyone verify if this is the way the unit should sound when turning?

Thanks!

Sorry about the T.V. Kids...

Last edited:
From the appearance and sound it is making I would say the blower got dinged pretty good somewhere on its way to you. The main impeller is definitely bent and I am guessing that the cooling impeller behind the mounting flange there is also damaged. The shaft itself could be bent, it is hard to tell from the video. I would contact the company you got it from, assuming it was shipped to you, and see about filing a warranty/shipping claim with them. If you got it from a local dealer take it back, they probably got it damaged from their distributor. You should not be able to hear any noise at all when you spin it by hand and it should spin freely. If you plugged it in to power on a good motor all you would hear would be the air movement a little hum and those Enviro motors tend to have a little bit of a whine to them too.

Got the replacement motor it. No whine, but pretty good vibration to it. The blades are pretty flimsy looking, not sure if it could be balanced or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.