Enviro EF2-1 Insert Thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brian L

Oct 15, 2013
North Smithfield, RI
Hi All - I am back after a long hiatus without a pellet stove. My new home has a fireplace I would like to put a pellet insert in. Was just at a place that carries a few brands of stoves. He mentioned the 26% Federal Incentive and only has one insert that had an efficiency that qualified. That is the Enviro EF2-1. Anyone use this insert and how do you like it?

I was quoted $4350 for complete install including all parts. That comes to $3220 after the rebate. Does that seem like a good deal?

Anyone have any other recommendations for an insert? Looking for something that is 75+% efficient and would like a very simple looking stove.

How much space are you trying to heat (sq feet)
ef2 is a 40000 BTU stove. Enviro stoves are top of the line
easy to clean and maintain. Price Being in Canada I can not comment
but I have a 22-year-old ef3 that has stood the test of time has
cost me little in repairs and parts are easy to get (aftermarket are not
hard to find)
It is also the only insert I found that meets or exceeds that magic 75% efficiency rating.

Reactions: Washed-Up
How much space are you trying to heat (sq feet)
ef2 is a 40000 BTU stove. Enviro stoves are top of the line
easy to clean and maintain. Price Being in Canada I can not comment
but I have a 22-year-old ef3 that has stood the test of time has
cost me little in repairs and parts are easy to get (aftermarket are not
hard to find)
It is also the only insert I found that meets or exceeds that magic 75% efficiency rating.
The house is 1,600 sq ft. 2 floors. I would say this will not be my primary heat source. I have Nat Gas so that will keep the house to 66-68 most of the time and will use the pellet stove to get it a little warmer when the wife is cold and likes to sit by a fire. I couldn't find much else I liked with the 75% efficiency. A couple huge units but they were overkill. I ended up going with the EF2-1. I liked my old Enviro Mini so I think this will work well. The only thing I didn't like way a tiny ash pan but with some good pellets should be no big deal.