Enviro EF3 Ignitor Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chris013087

Jan 14, 2019
New Jersey, US
Got my first pellet stove this year. We have had a fairly mild winter, so I have only used it a handful of times. The stove I bought off a person locally, it’s an Enviro EF3. Used it for about a month or so and the stove would not reignite. Cleaned the stove completely and replaced the ignitor with an OE new part.

Put in new igitor started right back up again no issues. Burned a few days (3-5 40 lb bags) turned the stove off and it would not restart the next day. Again, the ignitor would not get nearly hot enough to start the pellets.

Any ideas if something else is the issue causing the ignitor to go bad, or did I end up with a bad replacement ignitor to begin with?

Did you clean the stove after you shut it off ? Did you remove the
burn pot ? If you did remove burn pot did you put it back in with
the big lip facing the door . If it is in backwards the igniter will not start fire

Last edited:
Did you clean the stove after you shut it off ? Did you remove the
burn pot ? If you did remove burn pot did you put it back in with
the big lip facing the door . If it is in backwards the igniter will not start fire

No, pot in corrrect direction. The ignitor itself will only get warm, near the back of the stove it will start to turn orange but the end on the pot stays cool