Enviro EFII-i trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

saigon71

Feb 21, 2012
westernmass
Once a season the augur jams. This year I pulled it apart, cleaned it out, reconnected motor to augur shaft and there has been major build up in the burn pot since. Is it possible I reconnected motor incorrectly? Are there different settings/speeds independent of control panel? Thanks for any advice.

When was the last time the stove had a tear down and clean ?
Normally when the burn pot overfills it is because the stove is not burning properly
There is not enough air moving through the stove . The passage ways are plugged
with ash or the air adjustment gate is closed . So I would start with the gate adjustment
pull the rod out a little see if it improves and do a complete cleaning which includes the
removal of the back and side panels in the fire box .

Thanks, I did a partial clean, and the air exchange tubes were clogged, but it was burning great until I pulled apart augur and motor and then overnight it wasn't, is it possible that I connected the wires to the motor incorrectly? Is it possible the motor is dispensing too quickly because of crossed wires?