Enviro Empress FPI - no power

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevassar

Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2007
South Central MA
Hi all, so during the summer, I had come home after a thunderstorm and my DirecTV receiver and DSL model were both cooked. I assume it was a power spike. Not thinking about it, about a week ago I went to fire up my insert, and no power to the control panel. The fuse seems to be ok, so I'm thinking something got cooked like the modem and receiver. Any ideas? thanks!

Is it plugged in?

good point, yes it is, when I was taking the fuse out, felt a little zap. Could it be the circuit board where the power cord goes into?

If you have any type of homeowners insurance you may want to call your agent, try to see if the spike and the subsequent damage to electronic devices in the home are covered. I've seen people get refrigerators, microwaves, TVs, other devices replaced. Many times the damage to the devices takes time to fully go bad.

If you haven't done this yet, unplug it for a while and then plug it back in. Long shot but this has reset stoves for other users in the past.

Do you have the stove plugged into a real good surge protector?
or
Do you have a good whole house surge protector on your main circuit panel like an Intermatic surge protector?

If not I suggest you get both after you replace the pellet stove control panel and motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.