Enviro empress fs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I cleaned the stove the other night and tried to take there'd cap off of the far end while it was still in the stove. It didn't budge easily even with a screwdriver...I'm going to pull the whole fan out this week to see if I can get some grease in there...I'll also give the fan a better cleaning.

Pet hair and general dust bunnies are fan killers:( Good luck on the lube ...

Hey. Well as far as mine goes. I didn't replace it over the summer(never got to it or $) but before the season I took the blower out(getting pretty good at it now) and stood it up on end and let some pb blaster soak in the end bearing then wiped it clean and put it back in. When I shut it down for cleaning I give it a spin to make sure it still spins freely. I'm afraid to take off the red cap and put grease in because the edge of it is splitting and I don't want to tear it more.

The bearing seems fine. But as Lake Girl said the dust etc. definitely take a toll. And with such a low voltage running it needs to stay lubed to run efficiently. As far as the lube goes. I wish I could get the red cap off and put some good grease in there for the long term. I guess for now I'm resigned to taking it out a couple times a season until I finally get motivated or required to get a new one

Also when you got to put it back in. Leave the screws on one side in(loose) to hold one side to get other screws started. Helps a lot cuz it's tight quarters. Good luck

I finally got a T-20 driver long enough to reach the top blower screws....I took the blower out removed the red cap and cleaned and measured the fan (for possible generic replacement). I added grease inside the metal bushing (in the red cap, far end). Both bearings for the fan are located on either side of the motor, I could add grease to the outside of one and I used spray silicone for the blind sides on the outside bearing and both (blind sides) of the inside bearing. The opening for the fan to the stove is ~ 12" X 1.5". I re-installed the blower and it has been running for 14 hours with no squeaks / grinding yet...but I think I'm going to be searching for a replacement.

Bearings.jpg end cap.jpg inside bearing.jpg IMG_3367.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231390949796?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I finally got a T-20 driver long enough to reach the top blower screws....I took the blower out removed the red cap and cleaned and measured the fan (for possible generic replacement). I added grease inside the metal bushing (in the red cap, far end). Both bearings for the fan are located on either side of the motor, I could add grease to the outside of one and I used spray silicone for the blind sides on the outside bearing and both (blind sides) of the inside bearing. The opening for the fan to the stove is ~ 12" X 1.5". I re-installed the blower and it has been running for 14 hours with no squeaks / grinding yet...but I think I'm going to be searching for a replacement.

View attachment 146750 View attachment 146747 View attachment 146748 View attachment 146749

I found this generic replacement fan on eBay that APPEARs to be the same...for $28.99 it could at least be cannibalized for parts.http://www.ebay.com/itm/231390949796?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
ebay blower.JPG

the one I previously posted is a bit too small since the length that I measured for the opening on the 50-1455 is 12" and that one is 12.5" including the motor...this one might work with some retro fitting although the CFMs are rated as 160 where the original is rated for 130 and the wiring tabs may be on the wrong side...good thing is that there appears to be an access to the bearing from the outside.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-S...3?pt=US_Replacement_Parts&hash=item35cdb72a91
140.jpg

the one I previously posted is a bit too small since the length that I measured for the opening on the 50-1455 is 12" and that one is 12.5" including the motor...this one might work with some retro fitting although the CFMs are rated as 160 where the original is rated for 130 and the wiring tabs may be on the wrong side...good thing is that there appears to be an access to the bearing from the outside.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-S...3?pt=US_Replacement_Parts&hash=item35cdb72a91
View attachment 146754
...sorry this one has the motor mounted on the wrong side (end to end) but might be able to take it apart and reverse it although that would probably make it blow the wrong direction (unless I reverse the polarity?)....hmm might be a good experiment...beats paying $240 - $260 (could buy 9 or 10 of these for that price).

Status
Not open for further replies.