Enviro Evolution - room fan not always turning on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMillers

Oct 29, 2014
Kawartha Lakes Ontario
Hello everyone,

My family and I have an Enviro Evolution that we purchased about 5 years ago. It has certainly kept us warm in cold Canadian winters, and saves a whack of money on heating.

I've encountered an issue with it, and curious if anyone here might know what the problem is.

When we turn the stove on (either with thermostat or the control panel on the side), it will SOMETIMES, start up, drop pellets, and ignite the pellets. Just when you expect to hear the room fan turn on, you here it "click", and the fan doesn't start.

If I go over and press the on/off switch, and press it again the fan comes on and starts blowing warm air.

This scenario only happens about 5% of the time.

The stove is cleaned and serviced yearly by an authorized dealer. I'm about to call them, but, figured I might post here as another person with an Enviro product might know what is going on.

Any thoughts?

I know on the Enivro Meridian I had I was having blower issues. Ended up being the power transistors on the board. I would check the snap disk first as that is the most likely problem, then test the motor, and finally you would be looking at the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.