Enviro m55 fs won't stay running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mssi

Jan 14, 2012
Dayton, Maine
I have an Enviro M55 FS it's about 9 years old been running trouble free till this year having issues with it staying going, got up this am stove was out and like power going to stove, hit the on button stove ran for 10 secs and shut off, did this several time then finally unplugged it waited 5 minutes plugged it back in couldn't get any lights on, left it unplugged for the day and went to work
Got home tonite plugged it in still nothing like no power, tested furs all good ac power 120v
Took the control panel off with power on and when I got it off power came in the board so I put it back on, stove ran for about 5 mins flame started and then stove shut off like there was no power but came right back to power mode but not in so I him the on button again did this 4 times and now it's running, been 20 mins now,
Of not it did this a week ago and ran fine for a week till it went out this am, when it goes out there are no codes stove has no lights on at all

With the stove un plugged, check all your connections and make sure they have good contact. Moving the board around with power on is a risky move but since you did and it undoubtedly moved a wire or 2 and thing started makes me think your connections are loose

Thanks for the quick response am taking it apart tonite ( with power off) the check all connections snd conditions of wire had the same thought, I know it was risky but nothing else was working, stove has been running an hour now but I'm sure at some point it will shut down again snd winter has just begun

This sounds like a ribbon cable or harness wire that has a poor connection or is loose. Be careful, 120V hurts, done that too many times.