Enviro M55 Help Needed Please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jhass said:
OK to much Jagermeister today. I set the combustion blower from 3 to 4.
Yes I have an OAK installed .

Likely story ;-).

I was beginning to think that the air in the room was becoming oxygen enhanced or magical like some pellets.

Here are some photos. Jay interesting pics on the Omega, bafflle and air wash valves. Are those adjustable?
Will post more pics later. Need to take advantage of the weather and install my pipes, rake yard,
put away boat, pull out snowblower..............got a go!

Attachments

• 100_1416-1.jpg
    100_1416-1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_1417 (2).jpg
    100_1417 (2).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_1419.jpg
    100_1419.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 230
Wachusett said:
Here are some photos. Jay interesting pics on the Omega, bafflle and air wash valves. Are those adjustable?

The baffle is not adjustable. It just bolts to the stove body on the Omega. But if I elongate the bolt holes in the baffle plate?? I guess it could be. Looks like the M55 baffle is welded to the stove body. I can't see the valve either. I think its in the ash pan area(on the front below the plate under the door). Pretty sure its only has one and its rivetted to the stove body.

j-takeman said:
Wachusett said:

The baffle is not adjustable. It just bolts to the stove body on the Omega. But if I elongate the bolt holes in the baffle plate?? I guess it could be. Looks like the M55 baffle is welded to the stove body. I can't see the valve either. I think its in the ash pan area(on the front below the plate under the door). Pretty sure its only has one and its rivetted to the stove body.

Is the M55 baffle really welded to the stove body. I think the Quad AE has some issues with the baffles cracking but they were replaceable. Does this mean you can't change out the heat exchanger baffles on the M55? Maybe a dealer could clear this up.

Thanks,

AR

ARGlock said:
j-takeman said:
Wachusett said:

Is the M55 baffle really welded to the stove body. I think the Quad AE has some issues with the baffles cracking but they were replaceable. Does this mean you can't change out the heat exchanger baffles on the M55? Maybe a dealer could clear this up.

Thanks,

AR

The baffle in the firebox is not. It is removable see this video

Then it is likely one side of that air wash is closed up more than the other, it could be because of a slot width difference, or because ash gets blown to one side more than the other due to imbalance in air flow through the burn pot into the exhaust system at the heat exchanger.

Funny the manual doesn't mention it.

j-takeman said:
Funny thing is if you look at gutterboys pictures, the glass sure looks like its gasketed on the bottom?

The air wash could be coming through the gap in the door way on the stove body along the bottom. No need to have it suck air in around any of the glass edges.

ETA: Must type it all not just part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.