Enviro M55 Magnahelic Readings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JJD_ENVIRO

Nov 22, 2019
Canada
I used a Magnahelic gauge so I could set the damper correctly on my Enviro M55 pellet stove. The manual stated that it should be between 0.15 and 0.17 on high. When adjusting the damper, the lowest I can get the reading is .21. Does this indicate something else is wrong with the stove? Is it getting to much air from somewhere else or is this even a concern?

To get this lowest reading I have the slide damper pushed all the way in.

Where is the Combustion trim set?

I am taking the reading from the 1/8" hole located on the right of the ash tray. Manual states that is where it should be taken from.

Combustion trim is set at 3 (middle setting). I played around with the trim (both up and down) and it didn't seem to make any difference on the gauge.