Enviro m55 steel hearth pad for looks.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsk

Sep 12, 2011
Eastern ct
I know I don't need one but we're thinking it may look better with one.

Anyone have a m55 steel with a hearth pad? Can ya post pics? Include the size of the pad you are using?

Thanks!

Yes I have a home made pad under mine. It is a corner install and measures 51" by 28".

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 421
Nice. I think we're going with a 40x40. Keep the pics coming!

Yeah, you definitely want one, need one. I went without one, and quickly regretted it because if you ever have to move the stove, which you will to service, you will scratch you floors to no end.

Doh!

Imacman, i have the Mexican tumbled stone lined up on my cement board ready to be glued permanently for the new hearth I am building. And I have thought about doing the entire install again, bought the supplies and all. Yet it never occurred to me to leave it as is and move it with sliders.

What I did with my Harman which has a cast iron pad similar to the picture above was take a piece of carpet trace the pad outline, cut out, turn up side down carpet facing the hardwood now I can slide the stove with no scratching. I tried the slider things but the pad doesn't have feet or legs to place them under. I put them at the 4 corners but the weight of the stove crushed them, they worked ,but looked crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.