Enviro M55C Convection fan questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyGuy

Jul 28, 2015
New York
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question. I did the yearly cleaning and lube on my 2 Enviro pellet stoves. One works great and the other worked at first and now the convection fan won't turn on. I found a post on here that stated the 5 levels of voltage that the fan should be getting at the different fan speeds so I am set with that. Q: The first step that I want to take is to put voltage directly to the fan and varify if it is working by itself or not. Can I put the voltage directly to the fan or does it have to go through the capacitor first? My thoughts were that I should be able to go directly to it but thought it safe to check with you on this site first.
Thanks,

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question. I did the yearly cleaning and lube on my 2 Enviro pellet stoves. One works great and the other worked at first and now the convection fan won't turn on. I found a post on here that stated the 5 levels of voltage that the fan should be getting at the different fan speeds so I am set with that. Q: The first step that I want to take is to put voltage directly to the fan and varify if it is working by itself or not. Can I put the voltage directly to the fan or does it have to go through the capacitor first? My thoughts were that I should be able to go directly to it but thought it safe to check with you on this site first.
Thanks,

Hey ChevyGuy, do you have the old style convection fan 2011 (I think) or earlier? If so, Enviro was replacing the fans with a more robust replacement free of charge......not sure if they still are but there are mega posts about this in the archives.
Bill

I am pretty sure I have the updated fan. The stoves were in the house when I bought it a little over a year ago. I compared it to the new fans and it looks like it is the newer ones. Previous owner said the stoves were bought in 1013.

Sorry for not updating sooner. By turning on the stove I saw that the convection motor did run for a few seconds as part of the start-up system. So with that fact it was obviously not blown. Just poking around and trying things I observed that I wasn't hearing the relay on the mother board click when I opened and closed the top of the stove. ????? Tracing the ribbon wire back to the control board I saw that the connector was slightly cocked and not sitting squarely together with the board. Took it apart, blew out any dust and reconnected it and....BINGO, back to working again.

Reactions: vinny11950
Status
Not open for further replies.