Enviro Maxx lower cost auger motor alternatives?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bans25

Oct 8, 2013
Hi all,

I just picked up a late 2008 Enviro Maxx that was non-working. I plan to used this to heat my garage/workshop. It's been some time since this stove was run and the couple I bought it from didn't know the history of the stove (in the house they recently bought).

The first issue is with the auger motor, the auger motor is slipping/grinding. I looked up replacement motors and they are in the mid- $200s.. Are there lower cost vendors out there that supply motors for this model stove? Any help is appreciated!

Ouch! I just did a search and all I could find were ones that were mid $200s and up:eek: I couldn't seem to find anything aftermarket. You could check Gleason Avery's website as they manufacture a lot of auger motors used in pellet stoves.

I have a Enviro Maxx that I brought in Dec 2010. I had the auger motor go under warranty. When the motor went I still needed heat so I installed a new spare 1 rpm auger from my old Whitfield. It worked but did not feed enough pellets. A week later the new 3 rpm auger motor was in and installed. So stove was up and running I want to try to try a lower RPM motor. I ordered a 2 RPM auger for about $75. Since my stove spends most of it time on setting 1 and 2 this has work out fine for over a year. Last winter in the very cold I would turn it up to 3 once every now and then. The motor I used was a PV002 auger motor. Google search will help you find one. They are around $59-$100.

Bans25 where are you from? I am from Kingston NY area.

Hope this will help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.