Enviro Meridian or Milan Inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdbell

Feb 21, 2010
South Shore - MA
Hi, Im new here and would appreciate any advice available. I'm going to purchase either the Milan or Meridian to heat or at least supplement my oil furnace. My home is roughly 1900 sg/ft with open floor plan. These stove's seem to have decent reviews from what i've been able to find online. Does anyone recommend one over the other and why? I would appreciate any possitive/negative comments as I know the dealer won't want to point short-comings out to a potential sale.....thanks all

jdbell said:
Hi, Im new here and would appreciate any advice available. I'm going to purchase either the Milan or Meridian to heat or at least supplement my oil furnace. My home is roughly 1900 sg/ft with open floor plan. These stove's seem to have decent reviews from what i've been able to find online. Does anyone recommend one over the other and why? I would appreciate any possitive/negative comments as I know the dealer won't want to point short-comings out to a potential sale.....thanks all
to help to compare the Milan is the same as the Empress just the empress is cast and the Milan is Steel and a little cheeper.

They both are solid stoves
the Meridian heat a little more area

The Empress/Milan has a NON tube heat exhange so cleaning is easy
The Empress/Milan is a little smaller and will fit into smaller fireplaces

Most stoves use Round or rectangle tubes above the firebox to flow convection air through
some stoves like the empress/milan use a cast Iron heat sinks like on a transformer to exchange the heat.

Thanks for info...What's a fare price for the Milan insert installed with a chimney liner kit running, I know it will vary from state to state, just trying to know what to expect at dealers....Thanks

jdbell said:
Thanks for info...What's a fare price for the Milan insert installed with a chimney liner kit running, I know it will vary from state to state, just trying to know what to expect at dealers....Thanks

Milan Insert and Chimney lining with installation between 3,700 and 3,900.

Status
Not open for further replies.