Enviro Mina A (post 2009) burn pot cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hockeypuck

Feeling the Heat
Sep 6, 2009
south central NH
So my stove is about 7 years old and the burn pot was getting some carbon build-up that may or may not be affecting the burn. I ordered an after-market one but would like to clean the old one. Any ideas what I should soak it in to get it back to the original surface? Barbeque cleaning products or stove cleaning products? They are kind of nasty and it would be hard to soak in one of those products because they come in spray cans. What about a fuel treatment product that is supposed to work on carbon?

Hot water and dish soap
after about 1/2 hour carbon will scrap out
If it is really thick may take longer
been doing this for 20 years on my ef3
every 2nd brush and vac or when needed

Reactions: ARC and hockeypuck
Thanks. I will try that. I clean my stove on regular basis. Scrape every other day. It's not that thick.. maybe 1/16 of an inch. I have even run some brass brush cleaners through the holes on the side. I will take some before and after pics if I get a chance this weekend.

Sorry that I forgot to take pictures at the beginning, but I can confirm, hot water and dish soap, I had big flakes of carbon coming off the burn pot. Thanks for the advice @johneh.

Reactions: ARC