Enviro Mini Pellet Stove will not power / start up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimjones360

Hey there, first id like to say GREAT forum.. So much helpful information, posts here have helped me solve several major issues with my stove over the years!

Sadly today I went downstairs to check the stove / refill the hopper... and I ran into the following:

I attempted to change the level from 2 to 3 and the unit was not reacting... I attempted to turn the unit off, the on off was not reacting.... however the stove was, at the time, still running. So I unplugged it & plugged it back in... It now allowed me to change the levels! but shortly after that it stopped reacting again when I attempted to change the auger trim. I then noticed a small blue spark, right under the heat level button (exactly around the back side of the FUSE) then the unit just CEASED to power up or react to anything. Also note this unit is plugged into a high end UPS / Surge protector...

I've examined the board (C-11103) their does not seem to be any noticeable burns or damage to it what so ever(I have much experience with repairing circuit boards and soldering electronics...) Also the FUSE is completely intact according to my voltage meter.... I believe the control board has gone, but this is one very costly piece to replace.. I do not want to order one of these & wait 3 weeks for it to arrive if it may possibly be something else. Ive examined all the wires that connect to the control board, I cannot find any sort of damage to them.

My question is has anyone on here ever experienced something like this before, if so what was the solution?

The blue spark has me thinking fuse blew or something on the board shorted out. It would be probably good to get another board, but perhaps a bad load (one of the motors) cause an issue for the board?? You can put power to each motor individually and see if they run (the auger motor, convex blower and exh blower). Look for visual burns too, did the power line burn through anywhere?? Did the circuit breaker trip in your house?? Sounds like most likely a mother board went. Good luck with it.

Try tracing out voltage path (you have voltmeter)check inputs and outputs at transformer.Would not be suprised if you had a cold solder joint at transformer,now open circuit.Unfortunatly prop. damaged board.

Status
Not open for further replies.